Why not the default messaging application?

issues636

Reaction score
i've been using Handcent for months now, and have had maybe 2 FC's in that entire time, so it's not too bad. i get that amount of FC's with stock droid apps too so no big deal.

the reason i STARTED using handcent:
- iPhone-like bubble conversation theme.
that was the only reason, i was getting sick of the stock messaging theme.

the reasons i NOW use handcent:
- when i downloaded it and was looking through settings, i noticed the Pop-up feature. didn't know about this when i went to download Handcent but it was definitely a plus.
- a week after i downloaded it, i realized i could do individual text tones.

i no longer use the iPhone bubbles. i guess i went through my little iPhone phase and went back to Stock-like message screen, but i still use Handcent cause i love the popup feature and individual tones.

OP
PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
LP

I've used Handcent from November until just today. I never used the bubble setting, I'm not a heavy texter and I appreciate slimming down the apps...Handcent = 5MB, stock = 600KB

Well that's good to hear!

I would like to take this time to say after using the default for a while, I miss having the plus sign next to the TO field that would allow me to select a person from the contact list. this makes it a little more difficult to seems the same message to multiple poole because I like checking boxes next to multiple names rather than typing out a partial name and selecting the name and number 4rm the drop down menu.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I use handcent due to the fact I find it better than the native app....

bmwmom2002

Reaction score
For some reason my stock SMS stopped sending my messages. After 2 hours in a Verizon store and a promise to call back if there was a fix, I finally downloaded Chomp. Now my messages send. I would go back to the stock if it would actually work for me.