Messaging App not updating Gmail

TierThr33

Reaction score
Since 11/16 my messaging app has stopped updating my gmail. I have three accounts setup in there and it has worked fine since I got the phone two months ago. When I open the email account and hit the sync button it just spins and spins and never updates. I can send out fine, but then when I go to the sent folder again it just spins and spins. I can log into my gmail account through the web browser and it shows my emails fine as well as the ones it sent out from the messaging app. I already deleted the account and set it back up with no change. All settings were left as automatic.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Since 11/16 my messaging app has stopped updating my gmail. I have three accounts setup in there and it has worked fine since I got the phone two months ago. When I open the email account and hit the sync button it just spins and spins and never updates. I can send out fine, but then when I go to the sent folder again it just spins and spins. I can log into my gmail account through the web browser and it shows my emails fine as well as the ones it sent out from the messaging app. I already deleted the account and set it back up with no change. All settings were left as automatic.

From home screen/menu/settings/applications/manage applications/all/gmail/clear data

doogald

Reaction score
Why not use the Gmail app rather than the Messaging app?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just want to say thanks to BayouFlyFisher ! Your posts on multiple forums have really helped me out on numerous occasions. Thanks for sharing.
Would like the opportunity to buy you a beer!

-Chad

Very nice of you! All I'm doing is giving back a little bit of the help I have received through the years.

Thanks Chad!!