Memory woes on original Droid - HELP!

lauriep

Reaction score
I have been getting a low phone memory message for my Droid1 for a week or two now. I have uninstalled all the apps I care to, and figured I could hold out until the upgrade rolled out and I could put apps on the SD card. Problem solved. But now I am getting a message saying my text message memory is full and it is turning texts away. I have TWO texts on my phone. I trashed all of the others, but the message keeps coming back. I have done a battery pull, with no luck. Any suggestions?

ogDroid

Reaction score
I would backup all your apps to your sd using something like titanium backup. Then do a master reset. Install any apps you would like to use until the 2.2 ota gets to you. Another option, clear the cache from your apps, especially the browser.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem and had to do a major reduction of apps. At the moment, I have about 33mb free.

Funny, I never text and after getting the "Text Full" and all I got one from Verizon suggesting I go onto one of their text plans.

OP
L

lauriep

Reaction score
Need specific instructions, please. Not overly tech savvy and can't afford a problem if I screw up!

gcoken

Reaction score
Memory woes

I had the same problem and was using Handcent app. I installed chompsms app and it loaded all the messages i thought I deleted when I used Handcent. When I hit delete all another box with a box to check asking if I wanted to include locked messages. I almost doubled must internal space. It may help you, I'm not sure but it's a shot

ogDroid

Reaction score
Okay follow these steps to set your memory troubles free.

1. download titanium backup from the market (free).
2. Backup any or all apps to your sd card using titanium backup. (I believe their is an option in the app call "batch". May be in the menu. Batch allows you to backup all your apps at once.
3. Go to your phones settings > privacy > Factory data reset
4. reboot your phone, you may need to download titanium backup again if it doesn't appear via your google backups. Once you open titanium backup start adding the apps back onto your phone.

All that should fix your memory issues. & no, none of this has the potential to mess up your phone.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay follow these steps to set your memory troubles free.

1. download titanium backup from the market (free).

All that should fix your memory issues. & no, none of this has the potential to mess up your phone.

Emm, Titanium Backup is for rooted phones and there is nothing in the OP's post that says their Droid is rooted.

ogDroid

Reaction score
Good call. Follow those steps but use a backup for unrooted devices instead.