phone memory low

boos1906

Reaction score
Hey guys my phone memory is getting low. Still have lots of room on sd card. Any ideas why? I have a message thread in sms texting thats 4,085. Would this be causing that? I tried deleteing it and it won't delete

eliassami5

Reaction score
The memory low warning is due to your on board memory, your droid comes with 256mb of on board memory. This is take up by apps, txt messages, and many other things. But txts dont usually take up that much space, even 4000 isnt that much. Its odd tho that you cant delete the texts. Did you try long pressing on the thread and selecting delete?

Try going to settings > applications > manage applications > go through each app and see if yo u can move it to the SD card, this will save you a lot of room. On top of that just uninstall apps you never use or dont need.

Also you can download an app called "App 2 SD" and it will show you all the apps that are available to be moved to the SD card, instead of going through each app to see if you can move it or not. Just dont move apps to the SD card if you are using the widget that comes with the app, once you move an app that has a widget you wont be able to use the widget anymore.

Last edited:
OP
B

boos1906

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm now haveing major problems with my phone. Lots of times when I touch the screen to open some thing it won't open. I'm not receiving my gmail. The market won't let me download the app 2 sd application. Is all this due to memory being low? I unistalled the handscent sms application but it still rejecting txt messages because the memory is low. What do I do? I tried opening the regular stock messanger and it won't open. Just goes black then force closes. Some body please help

OP
B

boos1906

Reaction score
Should i try moving some apps over by going through one by one or what/

eliassami5

Reaction score
you have something that is taking up a lot of memory..what it is i dont know. You might want to do a factory reset on your phone if you cant figure out what is using up your memory.

And i wrote you a whole paragraph explaining what to do...did you not read it or what? Downloading more apps isnt gonna help the problem..try uninstalling some, then deleting all your txts then if the problem persists do a factory reset.

Last edited:
OP
B

boos1906

Reaction score
Hey guys seem to have it fixed for now. Would this be why my internet has been running so slow lately or do you think its some thing else?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey guys my phone memory is getting low. Still have lots of room on sd card. Any ideas why? I have a message thread in sms texting thats 4,085. Would this be causing that? I tried deleteing it and it won't delete

Keep your cache and data cleared and you'll (mostly) avoid the problem.

OP
B

boos1906

Reaction score

Keep your cache and data cleared and you'll (mostly) avoid the problem.

Hey thanks for the reply. I wondered about that. How do I clear the cache and stuff on the droid? Do I need to clear the internet history like on the curve? If so how do I do this