memory problem

xoluvsdance12

Reaction score
I have a rooted D1 running UD3.0. I use tasker, and lately, every few minutes tasker has been notifying me I have low memory. I'm only using about half of my phones internal memory to store apps and stuff. (I used 125mb and have 137mb free). When I go into settings, applications, manage applications, then running, it says I have only 17 MB free, but there are no unnecessary apps running. The only apps running are settings, col reminder, set cup, batterylife, tasker, news and weather, google services, and android keyboard. Could someone help me figure out why I have no memory left?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tasker is warning you about low RAM, not low internal storage (what you've described above).

OP
X

xoluvsdance12

Reaction score
I'm sorry I guess my question is unclear. I know its low ram and not the internal memory. But why do I have low ram if there are no unnecessarg apps open?

pyroelite

Reaction score
I used to have a droid, & with any droid in general, don't use task killers, period - they mess with android's internal task switcher & not allow it to function properly. Before I left the scene, the best rom I had running was one of chevy's ulv, (or pete's), but what kept it snappy was he also modified android's internal TK to keep a certain amount of mem free (functions differently than an addon app).

I'm not sure what devs have put out now, but on the DX/D2, jrummy's oc app has a couple settings for the internal tk, but start with the lowest (like 25mb). Cuz the more mem you force to keep free, the less multitasking you will be able to do.

{~DX«Fu$¡¤n»2.0~}

pyroelite

Reaction score
I'm sorry I guess my question is unclear. I know its low ram and not the internal memory. But why do I have low ram if there are no unnecessarg apps open?

& to try to better answer the question, I think the apps are retained in the memory to be recalled as sort of a pseudo-multitasking until they are forced out by opening another app to replace them in memory.

Like when you exit an app & return to it by long pressing home vs opening the app from the launcher. Say if pandora was in your recently loaded apps, you could resume a paused song after exiting the app cuz it's still retained in memory.

{~DX«Fu$¡¤n»2.0~}