MB usage overnight?

trbo323

Reaction score
so last night i looked to see how much of my 150mb i had been using, it was at 37mb, this morning i checked it because i got a message from verizon saying to please moniter and review plans. I checked it and it was at 77mb this morning. so my question is, what happened and is there anyway to find out how i managed to use 30mb overnight?

harrellj

Reaction score
As odd as it sounds, the wireless antenna turns off when the screen is off. Its rather convoluted to get to the setting to change it, but go to menu > settings > wireless and networks > wi-fi settings > menu (again) > advanced > wi-fi sleep policy.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You'd need to use a data monitoring app to see what's using your data overnight. I don't recommend being on the 150MB plan until you're certain that you've adjusted your particular usage to remain under the limit.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Lol I didn't even know they had a 150MB plan, must have skimmed right over it. Doesn't make much sense to have a smart phone and then apply such a small data plan. Just my opinion though.

OP
trbo323

trbo323

Reaction score
ok so i was talking with my mom who has a droid x and she was saying that mb usage will not post until the following day, so i think what happened is i downloaded a couple free apps and later on that day checked to see how many mbs i was at, saw it was at 30 and then overnight it posted so thats why it jumped up.

i actually turned off the wifi stuff to keep my battery going

hey so im coming to my D2 from a 4 year old samsung phone that i was paying around $20 a month for. if you guys dont mind can i ask what you are paying per month for your droid?

i know im going to be spending more on this but idk how much more and id really like to go to unlimited data but that may be stretching the pocketbook a bit thin

revenge8

Reaction score
ok so i was talking with my mom who has a droid x and she was saying that mb usage will not post until the following day, so i think what happened is i downloaded a couple free apps and later on that day checked to see how many mbs i was at, saw it was at 30 and then overnight it posted so thats why it jumped up.

i actually turned off the wifi stuff to keep my battery going

hey so im coming to my D2 from a 4 year old samsung phone that i was paying around $20 a month for. if you guys dont mind can i ask what you are paying per month for your droid?

i know im going to be spending more on this but idk how much more and id really like to go to unlimited data but that may be stretching the pocketbook a bit thin

about 90 bucks for unlimited web/text + 450 mins

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i believe verizon has a special going for $69/mo

unlimited data, text, and i think 450 minutes?

great deal, but last i heard that was just a promotion to certain members.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i believe verizon has a special going for $69/mo

unlimited data, text, and i think 450 minutes?

great deal, but last i heard that was just a promotion to certain members.

it was intended for long time customers for verizon i got an email from them about it. It wont work in my case but if you call and ask about it no matter how long of a customer you are they will let you get on that plan.

rage813

Reaction score
Just turn 3g data off before you go to sleep

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App