Maybe stick with the GS4

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
My sister has been using an old flip phone for a couple of years (a real dinosaur) and I bugged her into getting a smart phone. She got the GS5 and signed up with Sprint (without telling me). She's not technologically inclined so she asked me to come over the help her with it. First, I couldn't get the damned thing to make a call at all. No internet. No nothing. (Thank you Sprint). But aside from that, I really didn't care for the way the UI operates. Of course with the GS4 if you want to delete an icon, you just drag it out of there, right? Not with the GS5. I still didn't figure out how because I talked her into returning it asap which she did today and got into ATT. It's not VZW but a hellova improvement over Sprint. (Two tin cans on a string would be better than them). Shes getting it in a couple of days and meanwhile, I'll try to download a manual for the GS5 somewhere so I can do something intelligent with the phone other than staring it. The pictures WERE much much better than my GS4 (I got that much done). You can swipe pages back and forth like the GS4 but I could only find three of them (and one was a useless DialerPro lookalike). The home page had a weather/time widget that I couldn't figure out how to get rid of. It took up almost 1/2 the home page. *sigh* it's going to take some time/work to master this new beast. We'll see.

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Thanks. I finally found one. But I appreciate it.