May have bricked my Rezound?

Afredo

Reaction score
Phone was unlocked, rooted and had AmonRa recovery with a backup. Went to try and install this ICS rom: Update HTC Rezound with 99% Stable ICS Android 4.0.1 Custom ROM Firmware | Android Advices

followed all steps, restarted phone, wouldn't get past the 2nd "Htc" loading screen. Pulled the battery, went back into recovery and it prompted me to install some Hboot update; did that, rebooted the phone again. This time it got to the "4G" screen which is the last screen before it boots into the OS, but it just stuck on this screen forever. Figured it had failed somehow so I was just going to recover my backup using AmonRa. Did this, didn't work either...said it restored fine, but now after the 2nd "HTC" loading screen it no longer does the "Beats Audio" loading screen which precedes the "4G" loading screen, it just goes blank. I've tried using the AmonRa recovery to perform a full data wipe/factory reset, still no luck. What do I do?re

OP
A

Afredo

Reaction score
Managed to get the RUU and reflash to stock, working fine now. Going to re-unlock, re-permroot, reinstall AmonRa recovery and hopefully be able to restore my backup. Anybody got links to the latest AmonRa and how to unlock the bootloader, and one-click root? thanks.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
AmonRa is in the dev section, its stickied.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Phone was unlocked, rooted and had AmonRa recovery with a backup. Went to try and install this ICS rom: Update HTC Rezound with 99% Stable ICS Android 4.0.1 Custom ROM Firmware | Android Advices

followed all steps, restarted phone, wouldn't get past the 2nd "Htc" loading screen. Pulled the battery, went back into recovery and it prompted me to install some Hboot update; did that, rebooted the phone again. This time it got to the "4G" screen which is the last screen before it boots into the OS, but it just stuck on this screen forever. Figured it had failed somehow so I was just going to recover my backup using AmonRa. Did this, didn't work either...said it restored fine, but now after the 2nd "HTC" loading screen it no longer does the "Beats Audio" loading screen which precedes the "4G" loading screen, it just goes blank. I've tried using the AmonRa recovery to perform a full data wipe/factory reset, still no luck. What do I do?re

Your problem sounds like you never flashed the kernel. Some ROMs flash it automatically, others need to be flashed manually. See the instructions for the given ROM. I've been running on a self mutilated version of ICS since it dropped and haven't had any problems. So if you need help just give us a shout.

genebean

Reaction score
yes. it will do the unlock, then you skip to #5 and flash AmonRA, then you boot to recovery and install su / super user from inside there.

Tsail83

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have an unlocked boot loader and a perm root with Amon Ra recovery 3.0.6. I attempted to flash a rom last night and was unsuccessful as my phone is now not able to boot past the second HTC screen. I did a full ex and in SD wipe and am now wondering what to do to get my phone back to GB. I attempted to fastboot flash a newer Anom Ra img but was unsuccessful.
I can flash files from the sd card via the older version of Amon Ra but i do not seem able to push anything from ADB..... any suggestions beyond collecting the insurance and starting fresh with a new phone?

genebean

Reaction score
I would suggest that you flash an RUU then reroot. There is an XDA thread with links to them all, just use the newest one.

Sent from my Rezound via Tapatalk

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I have an unlocked boot loader and a perm root with Amon Ra recovery 3.0.6. I attempted to flash a rom last night and was unsuccessful as my phone is now not able to boot past the second HTC screen. I did a full ex and in SD wipe and am now wondering what to do to get my phone back to GB. I attempted to fastboot flash a newer Anom Ra img but was unsuccessful.
I can flash files from the sd card via the older version of Amon Ra but i do not seem able to push anything from ADB..... any suggestions beyond collecting the insurance and starting fresh with a new phone?

You probably didn't flash the kernel. Older versions of Amon-Ra will not do this automatically(even if the ROM says it will). If you're familiar with the process, you need to flash the kernel with fastboot(just like recovery).. The kernel is boot.img(usually found in the kernel directory of the ROM), and can also inside PH98IMG.zip within the ROM zip file. After you extract boot.img flash it in HBOOT. "Fastboot flash boot boot.img"

Let me know if you need additional assistance.

abeauchamp

Reaction score
Managed to get the RUU and reflash to stock, working fine now. Going to re-unlock, re-permroot, reinstall AmonRa recovery and hopefully be able to restore my backup. Anybody got links to the latest AmonRa and how to unlock the bootloader, and one-click root? thanks.

Can you give me the steps on how 2 do an RUU, I have same problem as you did. Can you help.. thank you

Tsail83

Reaction score
Its all good now I did flash an RUU but i did have to rename the file and let it update in Hboot, I did a full wipe then I applied the renamed RUU in Hboot. after i fixed it i was able to fastboot a new Amon Ra and install cleanrom then batch desense. the only strange thing is that after flashing a stock ruu i still had perm root.

abeauchamp

Reaction score
RUU HTC Rezound

Its all good now I did flash an RUU but i did have to rename the file and let it update in Hboot, I did a full wipe then I applied the renamed RUU in Hboot. after i fixed it i was able to fastboot a new Amon Ra and install cleanrom then batch desense. the only strange thing is that after flashing a stock ruu i still had perm root.

can you provide the steps on how 2 do a RUU on a HTC Rezound, I need to do one of my. Thank you....

Tsail83

Reaction score
step one do a wipe factory reset fallowed by a battery pull....your phone should be off. step two download ruu file from scotts roms. save the file on your sd card as PH98IMG. step three start your phone in the bootloader and let her rip.
make sure after you ruu that you remove the PH98IMG.zip from you sd card so that when you get to the bootloader it reapply the file.

RyeBread00

Reaction score
AM I Screwed?

Its been a long time since ive done any rooting. Last phone was samsung fascinate. Anyhow, I was in the process of rooting my HTC Rezound following Scottys noob friendly root guide when something went extremely wrong. I can not get passed the 2nd White HTC screen. No quietly brilliant either. I have no idea what to do now. Any help would be appreciated.