Possible Rezound Brick? Help Please

Bizkick

Reaction score
Ok so i recently installed the AmonRa Recovery on my Rezound, i rooted it with this also. Just yesterday my friend thought it would be amusing to mess with my phone and ended up wiping everything including the internal sd. Now when i boot it up i just get the htc screen and it wont boot up. If theres any way i can fix this it would be greatly appreciated. Im fairly new to phone modding too so i don't know that much. Please help

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You should be able to download and run the main RUU.exe files or one of the IMG.zip's and flash those to get you back on track. But Smith is the Rezound expert... there are things you'll want to double check depending on what custom ROM you were (or weren't) running before. If you were running pure stock, just with root access, you can download the RUU.exe here (you'll want the 2.01... file), boot into hboot (volume-down + power), make sure it's in fastboot mode, plug it in and run the RUU. You'll want to do "fastboot oem lock" before running that, or the RUU won't work. It has to be "relocked" for the RUU to work.

OP
B

Bizkick

Reaction score
Ok im working on it now, i was on the stock rom btw. Thanks for the help.

OP
B

Bizkick

Reaction score
I know this is gunna sound really noobie but how do i run the RUU, is it "fastboot flash boot.img" or what

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
actually it's even easier... if your phone is relocked and ready to go (in hboot fastboot mode), and plugged into your computer, all you do is simply run the ruu.exe and it should do the rest... you'll have to answer yes to a few questions, then it'll hopefully run smoothly... takes, maybe, 10 minutes or so

OP
B

Bizkick

Reaction score
can u link me to another download for the ruu, the one you gave me isnt working

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
edit: removed link

Last edited:
OP
B

Bizkick

Reaction score
Thanks, everything worked out perfect. Working fine now. Thank you so much!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums