Maxx owners..If you had to get a verizon phone

latexyankee

Reaction score
IF you had to in the next couple days. I'm torn. Galaxy Nexus is $149 on Amazon, but I'm really not that impressed. Buddy @ work has it, doesn't seem snappy enough I dunno, but $149 is hard to pass up. Then theres HTC Rezound ( I love htc phones even though I'm rockin an X now) and it's available for like $100. It seems to have everything I want, except battery life like every other droid, which brings me to my next point The Maxx $229, seems to have the the best build quality, but the display is supposedly weakest of the 3. I have played with all 3 devices, but in a store setting, certain lighting etc...the maxx def is snappy tho and did the ICS update roll out last week? Any complications/imperfections? Im not sure what to do. Is batt life really that good? Like 3300 mah? Worth it you for an extra $130-$80? Weigh in.

Caesars

Reaction score
The screen is not bad on the maxx, its just not as good as nexus.

DROID RAZR MAXX

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
FWIWs over at vzw.com you can get the extended battery for the ReZound for $29. Add it to your cart to see the savings, DON'T trust the product page.

So, you can get the ReZound and an extended battery for around $129. Which is still cheaper then the Galaxy NEXUS, and should have the battery power of the MAXX.

OP
L

latexyankee

Reaction score
Agreed, however the extended batt also alters the dimensions of the device, and for some reason I'm not sold on the build quality..tend to drop all my phones at least a few times. I think I really want the maxx and I'm trying to justify spending the extra $ by posting on this board,gonna surf the nexus forums for awhile.

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I'm glad I got the Maxx, but I got the leap day sale. The battery is better than any extended battery because its huge, yet the phone stays super thin!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I got 2 Maxx's during the Bogo and I am happy I did...If I had not been able to I would spend the 300 VZW. With that said I wouldn't look at it as spending and extra 80 to 130, I would look at it as saving 70.00 by going through amazon...Yes you can get extended batteries and make the over all cost lower but like you said it changes the dimension and weight.

The screen might be a lil better on the GNex but if you aren't holding them side by side all day you won't see a big difference and as a side note I don't believe the GNex has an external SD card...

B

bens42608

Dude the Maxx is Verizon's best phone out ATM. When the Razr HD comes out, it will blow everything else out of the water and create a new standard, guaranteed.
Also, people will attack me on here for saying you should seriously consider the Bionic- but it really can't be beat when u put an extended battery on that bad boy. Plus I got a standalone charger that always has a battery ready to be popped in if needed, plus the price is amazing. No other phone can rock a big extended battery as well as the bionic n still be sexy. And the bugs were solved along time ago- 2 or 3 updates ago made it perfect and 904 is being released now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Dude the Maxx is Verizon's best phone out ATM. When the Razr HD comes out, it will blow everything else out of the water and create a new standard, guaranteed.
Also, people will attack me on here for saying you should seriously consider the Bionic- but it really can't be beat when u put an extended battery on that bad boy. Plus I got a standalone charger that always has a battery ready to be popped in if needed, plus the price is amazing. No other phone can rock a big extended battery as well as the bionic n still be sexy. And the bugs were solved along time ago- 2 or 3 updates ago made it perfect and 904 is being released now.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

With that .904 update, I completely agree. Since .904 I have zero complaints about the Bionic. That update has solved months of data drops for me.

mbell75

Reaction score
IF you had to in the next couple days. I'm torn. Galaxy Nexus is $149 on Amazon, but I'm really not that impressed. Buddy @ work has it, doesn't seem snappy enough I dunno, but $149 is hard to pass up. Then theres HTC Rezound ( I love htc phones even though I'm rockin an X now) and it's available for like $100. It seems to have everything I want, except battery life like every other droid, which brings me to my next point The Maxx $229, seems to have the the best build quality, but the display is supposedly weakest of the 3. I have played with all 3 devices, but in a store setting, certain lighting etc...the maxx def is snappy tho and did the ICS update roll out last week? Any complications/imperfections? Im not sure what to do. Is batt life really that good? Like 3300 mah? Worth it you for an extra $130-$80? Weigh in.

Love the Maxx, it for sure has the best build quality and battery life of the 3 phones. No, ICS was not released and won't be for a few months. However, you can get the official leak. I am running it with no issues at all, everything works flawlessly and ICS is awesome. Takes like 3 minutes to root the phone and another few minutes to install ICS.

Abs

Reaction score

Lol I wouldn't be able to stand the locked bootloader. The Rezounds battery life does suck no doubt. But the incredible hardware and unlocked bootloader is a combination I couldn't say no to

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

JazzyDroid4

Reaction score
The camera on the Nexus is 5mp, the Maxx is 8mp. I was going back and forth with which phone to purchase. Maxx camera won me over. Zero regrets.

forumjunkie44

Reaction score
Don't get the rezound. I loved the phone but it had outgoing audio problems on handset and Bluetooth mode. People always complained some even hung up on me. I went through 2 phones same problem. They gave me the regular RAZR and the battery died by noon so i gave it to my mom because she has charger nearby. I got the MAXX and i unplug around 5:30 am and don't have to plug it in till bedtime 10:30 pm. Average 20-30% at bedtime. I use my phone all day long works great.

MAXX'n Out.

steeveegee

Reaction score
i would agree with forumjunkie44 stay away from the rezound i had it and hated it
i had no problems with call quality and the screen was beautiful also the camera was fast as hell
hardware wise it seems like a GREAT phone but with all the bugs and the battery life i had to dump it
maybe its htc sense being too bloated but it was very choppy and laggy at times
also the thing is really thick add an extended battery and its super duper thick
then there's the small details that they skimped on like no gorilla glass and no water resistant coating
maybe it was to offset the price of the beats headphones? idk
all i know i wasn't happy with it at all

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
My son loves his rezound except outside. I spent the weekend touring college campuses with him and he kept having to use my Maxx because w were outside and he could not see his screen at all. The Maxx screen is the only Android phone I have had where I can see the display easily in bright sunlight.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

cdf3

Reaction score
My son loves his rezound except outside. I spent the weekend touring college campuses with him and he kept having to use my Maxx because w were outside and he could not see his screen at all. The Maxx screen is the only Android phone I have had where I can see the display easily in bright sunlight.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

I agree. My last two HTC phones were useless outside in the sun. I would have to find a shaddy spot just to make it bearable.
I was outside yesterday, with the sun directly behind me and shining on the screen, and I was still able to read my email and text messages.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2