MAXX HD and Parrot bluetooth

mcharron

Reaction score
I haven't seen my particular issue on any of the forums, so I thought I would ask. I have a RAZR MAXX HD and in order to get myphone to reconnect to my Parrot CK3100 I have to turn the phones bluetooth off and onand then off and on again for it to connect. I did not have this issue with Droid RAZR MAXX, just now with the HD model. Has anyone else had a similer issue with the HD? Trying to get it resolved but nothing yet. The phone works fine with the bluetoooth in my Subaru, the Parrot is in my Dodge Ram 2500. Any help would be great. Thanks.

jlally

Reaction score
Same Type of Problem

I have the Razr Maxx HD and a CK3100 Bluetooth car phone. I am initially pair with the CK3100 with the Razr Maxx HD and talk over the Bluetooth connection with the CK3100. If I turn the car off and then try to connect again with the CK3100, the CK3100 does not recognized the Razr Maxx Hd.

I think that this may be a software issue with the CK3100. I recommend you call Parrot USA for a solution.

John

jlally

Reaction score
Same Problem

I haven't seen my particular issue on any of the forums, so I thought I would ask. I have a RAZR MAXX HD and in order to get myphone to reconnect to my Parrot CK3100 I have to turn the phones bluetooth off and onand then off and on again for it to connect. I did not have this issue with Droid RAZR MAXX, just now with the HD model. Has anyone else had a similer issue with the HD? Trying to get it resolved but nothing yet. The phone works fine with the bluetoooth in my Subaru, the Parrot is in my Dodge Ram 2500. Any help would be great. Thanks.

I have the same problem. It is most likely a ck3100 software problem.

John

jlally

Reaction score
Unable to pair Razr Maxx HD with CK3100

I received the following instructions from Parrot. I preformed the operations which are listed in the instructions. My Razr Maxx HD still will not re-connect with the CK3100. The only way I can make the phone connect with the CK3100 is to manually connect via the Bluetooth is to use connect command on the phone.

I still think that this is a software problem with the CK3100. I hope Parrot will correct this problem.

John

We're seeing similar issues with many phones running the Android operating system. There is some corruption of the information the phone attempts to send over as part of the call log.

The following steps have been found to resolve the issue.

1: Delete the pairing from the CK3100. Go to settings > paired devices > your phone > delete > green button to confirm.
2: Delete the pairing from your phone.
3: Power the phone down, remove the battery and leave it out for 4-5 minutes.
4: Power off the vehicle, so the you see the 'goodbye' message on the screen.
5: After waiting the 4-5 minutes with the phone off, power both the phone and kit back on.
6: On the CK3100 go to settings > advanced settings> pair with phone > disable synchro.
7: When prompted by the CK3100 pair the phone. The pin code is 1234.

By choosing to disable synchronization you have stopped the kit from asking for the call log, a side effect of this is that it will not send over the contacts automatically. At this point there are two options, and which route you go is a personal preference. As there are no contacts for the Parrot voice recognition software to use, the phone will take over voice recognition duties. The phone will use the CK3100's microphone, speakers and remote. For some folks this works fine and they're ready to go. If you don't care for the phone's handling of voice recognition, there is an app in Google Play / Android Market called Bluetooth File Transfer. This app will allow you to manually transfer contacts to the CK3100. Once you have contacts manually transfered the CK3100 will handle voice recognition.

Ticket Details
===================
Ticket ID: QNF-399075
Department: Support
Priority: Normal