[ROM] Maverick ROM for the D3 v4.0

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I believe he was referring to the post about wanting to flash MavRom to the non-safe system. In that case you would need to use the old tweaked bootstrap.

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Thanks. I've got a fresh MavRom install running in primary (well, only right now) partition. Just need to install Safestrap now.

Had a hard time finding a working link for the old Bootstrap. If anyone else needs it: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-3-hacks/173333-official-cwm-koush.html

I can upload Hashcodes Tweaked Bootstrap if you or anyone else wants it. Its the same as what you posted, Hash just tweaked it so you can enter recovery via Boot Tools (Power + M while off)

GreenSnow

Reaction score
I recently flashed back to v4 from v4.5 and I lost the stock messanger app, I tried changing the app via the toolbox but no luck. I downloaded 'handscent sms' as a temp fix for the day. Also none of the themes work, I know they don't work on v4.5 so I am wondering if some of the pieces got left behind. I cleared data/factory reset twice before and after (4 times total) installing mavrom-4.0.zip , I am charging my phone in preporation to try flashing again. Any thoughts anyone?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I recently flashed back to v4 from v4.5 and I lost the stock messanger app, I tried changing the app via the toolbox but no luck. I downloaded 'handscent sms' as a temp fix for the day. Also none of the themes work, I know they don't work on v4.5 so I am wondering if some of the pieces got left behind. I cleared data/factory reset twice before and after (4 times total) installing mavrom-4.0.zip , I am charging my phone in preporation to try flashing again. Any thoughts anyone?

The toolbox in 4.0 won't work (where it requires files). Those files have been archived and replaced with 4.5 files.

Not sure why you didn't get messaging. Before you flash again, wipe cache & dalvik cache and format /system BEFORE flashing, in addition to factory reset.

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Those of you going back to 4.0 you can replace the toolbox in 4.0 with the one from 4.5 but you will lose over clock ability. This will at least enable you to have all the other stuff in the toolbox.

GreenSnow

Reaction score
The toolbox in 4.0 won't work (where it requires files). Those files have been archived and replaced with 4.5 files.

Not sure why you didn't get messaging. Before you flash again, wipe cache & dalvik cache and format /system BEFORE flashing, in addition to factory reset.

Okay thanks!....I was really going for theme capabilities, is there going to be working themes for 4.5 soon?

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
GreenSnow said:
Okay thanks!....I was really going for theme capabilities, is there going to be working themes for 4.5 soon?

They download just fine to your sdcard from the toolbox but there is a bug somewhere and its not flashing them before restart. They are in the maverick toolbox folder on SD and you can flash them in recovery

GreenSnow

Reaction score
They download just fine to your sdcard from the toolbox but there is a bug somewhere and its not flashing them before restart. They are in the maverick toolbox folder on SD and you can flash them in recovery

Didn't realize, I try and keep up with the forum, but sometimes I miss things, sorry if it has been addressed

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
GreenSnow said:
Didn't realize, I try and keep up with the forum, but sometimes I miss things, sorry if it has been addressed

I don't even know if it has haha. Just was helping out.

MasterChris

Reaction score
MMS Messages?

On this version of the ROM(4.0), when I receive MMS messages(like pictures), the quality is reduced to a horrendous amount and the pictures are downsized, is there a way to change this or something?

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
On this version of the ROM(4.0), when I receive MMS messages(like pictures), the quality is reduced to a horrendous amount and the pictures are downsized, is there a way to change this or something?

I may be wrong, but isn't resizing a function of the sending parties phone?

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
vbhokiefan said:

Yes. There is a file size limit on MMS. So all phones resize them. Not just the d3.

MasterChris

Reaction score

I think so, that's a good point you make, but ever since I got this ROM, MMS messages have been 1KB each and the quality has been horrible. I couldn't copy notes that I missed from a class that my friend took a picture of and sent because everything was blurred out, but when he emailed the picture the words were perfectly clear.
Before the MMS messages would be prestige!

Yes. There is a file size limit on MMS. So all phones resize them. Not just the d3.

What's the filesize? Pre-906 base update, my message sizes were around 1MB after resizing..
Now, everything is 1KB.

bogdan_wrc

Reaction score
Those of you going back to 4.0 you can replace the toolbox in 4.0 with the one from 4.5 but you will lose over clock ability. This will at least enable you to have all the other stuff in the toolbox.

and how can we do that? i can find the 4.5 toolbox in the zip, but how can i uninstall the old one?