[ROM] Maverick ROM for the D3 v4.0

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
Ye i have rootexplorer but file filemanager was better for just browsing. Root explorer is for the advances stuff. When I wanna open a video I cannot do it with root explorer (as file manager) because it doesn't have the open-as options my phone has

dmartins

Reaction score
After trying many D3 Roms, I choosed Mavrom 4.0. Stable, fast and customizable.
To be close to perfect I will need some help, and is to install 2 apps stripped in this version:

FileManager
Swype

I have other file managers, but i liked old Motorola's, and Swype is far for me , the best screen keyboard included with phone.

Any zip files to flash and recover those 2 apps ?
You can get Swype from the Steel Droid ROM page.
Not sure it'll work but should if only the apk was removed.
Not sure about the file manager as I just install Astro.
Should be able to install it from the apk file though.

Last edited:

GreenSnow

Reaction score
I just noticed this, and it really doesn't effect anything whatsoever, this is just an fyi.
The AM/PM indicators are switched everywhere within the "alarms and timer" stock app.
The main big clock says AM when it is supposed to say PM and all the alarms are PM when they should say AM. When I go to edit the alarm it is correct but on the main screen its all backwards.
Like I said no harm no foul, just thought you should know.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
I just noticed this, and it really doesn't effect anything whatsoever, this is just an fyi.
The AM/PM indicators are switched everywhere within the "alarms and timer" stock app.
The main big clock says AM when it is supposed to say PM and all the alarms are PM when they should say AM. When I go to edit the alarm it is correct but on the main screen its all backwards.
Like I said no harm no foul, just thought you should know.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
yes it has been fixed somewhere in this topic, maybe there's a link in the OP

linuxgator

Reaction score
I tried restoring FileManager with Titanium, no luck. Also used Root explorer to put in /system/app folder and permissions all enabled, same results.
Swype beta is limited in time, hope to have the stock registered version.

More hints ?

In order to restore it in titanium, you have to set the app processing mode to indirect in the preferences.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

MasterChris

Reaction score
Well, after seeing this amazing ROM, I installed it!
But when trying to install Launcher2, my phone bricked itself(I've gotten the brick out and have reinstalled the ROM though and I'm not going to try and install Launcher2 again).
I'm just wondering is there any possible way that I can? Or why it's not working..?
Also the installation of the themes don't work, I don't get whether I'm supposed to install the MavROM banner or the verizon banner thing.. It's kind of confusing, can someone clear this all up for me?

MasterChris

Reaction score
I'm not sure whether the ROM is conflicting with the camera/camcorder software on your phone, but I'd suggest you try re-flashing the ROM.
And make sure to do a wipe date/factory reset immediately after flashing the ROM.
I'm not the most experienced user here, so someone may say something more knowledgeable than what I said. Just a thought though. :]

romshark

Reaction score
I want to install this into the non-safe part of my phone (as Mavrom 4.0 is the most stable ROM I've found), and use the safe part to try out the new ICS stuff being worked on. But what recovery lets me install it? Safestrap 2.0 won't let me install to the non-safe. With Tweaked SafeStrap (1.08f I think), I have the problem with every program requesting Root Access is auto-denied (even the update SU binary thing in the SU program itself is denied). And re-running the Droid 4 rooting program had no effect.

What can I use to install this? I'll even start by restoring using SBF if I have to.

pistacio

Reaction score
The new safestrap 2.xx is needed to install the kexec Ics builds....

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2