Marketplace Issue/Update Apps

dannyro

Reaction score
Is anyone else having an issue with the new google marketplace? When I go into the marketplace under "my apps" it tells me that I have a bunch of apps to update even though they have already been updated and are running the latest release. I noticed this started with the new google market....is anyone else having this issue and is there something I can do to fix it?

Reaction score
When I go to "my apps" it only shows 3 apps, not all of them. So I just hope that my apps are actually updating automatically like I selected.
This new market sucks, it's slow and not user friendly.

Steve

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
It shows all my apps, but I have to agree it's a visual mess. It's almost like they're trying to be too clever by half.

The search function works great you get a list, but the graphic home screen sucks.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I uninstalled the update to go back to the old market, and within 5 minutes it updated itself again.

PITA!!!!

I have to manually go thru my apps and update them, the auto update isn't working.

Steve

cece5702

Reaction score
Is anyone else having an issue with the new google marketplace? When I go into the marketplace under "my apps" it tells me that I have a bunch of apps to update even though they have already been updated and are running the latest release. I noticed this started with the new google market....is anyone else having this issue and is there something I can do to fix it?

Yes I hate the new market. It's far too complicated

Sent from my DROIDX

cece5702

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get the old marketplace back?

Sent from my DROIDX

lark214

Reaction score
Yes your right it only says there are updates when I go to the market and push my apps button.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

reposter432

Reaction score
I installed the new radio fix, so I had to reinstall Liberty 0.9, which has the old market. That issue you're talking about is a problem with the old market too. I did a Titanium backup of all my apps just a few hours before and I know everything was up to date, but the market insisted I didn't have the latest updates for around seven apps.

LionelHutz

Reaction score
Re-updating is getting real old....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Worst part is knowing that it's just updating to be compatible with some new tablet or new phone, and has nothing to do with a Droid X. It's like when iTunes needed to keep updating for no real reason like new features/design, etc.

Also noticed that some amazon marketplace app downloads aren't fully completing, have to restart the phone to see that they had completed and were ready to install.

Last edited:

Natey2

Reaction score
...but the market insisted I didn't have the latest updates for around seven apps.

I wonder if the Market uses some CRC/MD5 checksum to determine if an installed app is different from the latest one in the market. Backing up/restoring an app could change the checksum (trailing nulls, etc) that don't affect the app, but may change the CRC of the .apk file.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

texasbred78

Reaction score
When I go to "my apps" it only shows 3 apps, not all of them. So I just hope that my apps are actually updating automatically like I selected.
This new market sucks, it's slow and not user friendly.

Steve

I am having the same issue. I go to "my apps" and it says I only have 5 apps installed and 1 not installed, but nothing that says update. I am on a non rooted Droid X running Gingerbread. I wondered about my updates because I got a message the other day telling me I had 12 updates available, so yesterday I started looking through the app page and on everyone that said installed, I clicked into to see if they had "update" at top. Sure enough some did. I ended up doing this and found 21 updates so far. Ridiculous. If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know. I really don't want to factory reset as a fix unless I have to because I have apps that aren't available anymore, or at least I can't find them anymore, like a paid version of Nesoid and Snesoid. Please help.