Google Map Update in Marketplace!

Jason

Reaction score
What version do you guys have? I haven't updated but there isn't an option for me to update and I don't have pinch zoom

Jason

Reaction score
Ok this is weird in my applications it says I have version 3.2 in the markte the only options I have are open

Cowpoke

Reaction score
mine after update is v 3413 and 6.29 mb total (4.97 app)

Or I guess V 3.4.0 when you check the 'about' page.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I downloaded it and deleted the APK I was using. The new version is fantastic. I've been playing with the layers and it's amazing the information you now can get off the maps. I added Wikipedia so anything that has a Wiki entry you can tap on and get the info. It has a search function which is beyond cool.

You have to really explore it to see what it can do but it's mind blowing to me.

Maybe they will update more stuff through the market like the gallery next. It's a great way to update before the official 2.1 comes out.

justbob

Reaction score
i saw the "labs" but where is night mode?

looks the same to me....

I THINK night mode is automatic after a certain time, like 7 pm.

I can't seem to find a way to activate night mode either. Has anyone actually done it?

Edit: Nexus One users have reported that night mode enables automatically based on the time of day.

Last edited:

hobby31

Reaction score
i saw the "labs" but where is night mode?

looks the same to me....

I THINK night mode is automatic after a certain time, like 7 pm.

I can't seem to find a way to activate night mode either. Has anyone actually done it?

Night mode just automatically happens. I tried it leaving work at about 6:30 here in florida and about halfway home about 10 minutes later it just changed on it's own. The background turns a dark greyish/blue. Easier on the eyes. I don't think there is a setting for it and I believe it's only in the navigation and not in the "maps" display.

jbernard703

Reaction score
Pinch and Zoom doesn't really work to well on Google Maps for one reason. When you zoom in or out it takes time for the map to load and refocus. So while the actually pinching and zoom is smooth the rendering of the map is not, thus pretty much ruining the experience. But thanks Google now I would like that feature system wide.