Marketplace issue

jrobi25

Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues with the marketplace???....I can't download anything....this just seems to be happening with the marketplace everything else(Amazon,web) is working fine...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

natedogg11

Reaction score
YES!!!! I am going insane. I can use the online market, but no matter what I try (and I have tried everything) the market keeps saying "download unsuccessful."

I've already tried clearing the caches, SBFing, etc. And now even when I flash back to Liberty 2.0.1, it still will not work.

Does anyone know what we can do to solve this? PLEASE advise....will a factory reset make a change? Is there anything I can do in Root Explorer to solve this?

Thank you so much to anyone that can help.

OP
jrobi25

jrobi25

Reaction score
YES!!!! I am going insane. I can use the online market, but no matter what I try (and I have tried everything) the market keeps saying "download unsuccessful."

I've already tried clearing the caches, SBFing, etc. And now even when I flash back to Liberty 2.0.1, it still will not work.

Does anyone know what we can do to solve this? PLEASE advise....will a factory reset make a change? Is there anything I can do in Root Explorer to solve this?

Did this start for you today as well??

Gonna try flashing the official gingerbread and see what happens....I'll let you know what happens

natedogg11

Reaction score
It actually started last night. Please let me know if you find a solution.

OP
jrobi25

jrobi25

Reaction score
Here is something..... I can send apps from the market website... just not the app

OP
jrobi25

jrobi25

Reaction score
It actually started last night. Please let me know if you find a solution.

My market just started working
...apparently its a bug that'll work itself out

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Is anyone else having issues with the marketplace???....I can't download anything....this just seems to be happening with the marketplace everything else(Amazon,web) is working fine...

It's a new version of Market with a more strict "filtering" settings menu. My wife has the D1 not rooted, I am D2 Liberty. Her market "settings" menu as 5 choices, Everyone, Low maturity, Medium maturity, High maturity, and Show all apps. Mine only has Mature, Teen, Preteen, and All.

I have looked for the new version but can't find it.:icon_evil:

I can't download some apps that are rated at a level that doesn't fall into any of the 4 ratings on the version of the Market that is on my phone. One example is Tune In Radio. It's not even in the search results for me, but came up fine on her phone.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

FIXED!!!

Go to Market, then click on the menu button. Next, click "Settings". Once there, click on the LOCK (top left corner). It will ask you to set a 4-digit pin. Make sure you set one YOU WILL NOT FORGET!!! If you forget it, you'll never be able to change the filters.

Once you've set the pin, back completely out of Market. You have to back out to shut it down - don't just hit the Home key.

Once out of Market, go back in and it should load like it wasn't running before. Now go back into menu, settings again.

This time, click the drop down arrow. It should prompt you for your 4-digit pin (the one you DIDN'T FORGET!)

After entering your pin, you will have to hit the drop down arrow again and this time it will let you in.

Now select "Mature" and hit the OK button.

Again, back completely out of market, and go back in.

All should be good and the missing apps will reappear in searches.

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

Try the solution in my earlier post. I am not sure if your issue is related, but it's worth a shot. I couldn't download certain apps due to the new "filter" feature.

Last edited:

pincusterp

Reaction score
This is not working for me. I'm trying to set it to "All Apps" and it keeps resetting to "Mature", which isn't giving me all apps. I did it just like to said. It doesn't appear to be actually shutting down when I back out, so maybe that's it....

Droid X on 2.3.3

fenrisswolf

Reaction score
I contacted Andriod Market Support directly about my marketplace issues, (FC's and failed downloads every time, since upgrading to GB) and their answer worked for me, so I'll copypasta part of it here in case it helps:

1) Go to "Home" > "Menu" > "Settings" > "Applications" > "Manage
applications"
2) Touch the "All" tab
3) Scroll down and select the Market app
4) Touch "Uninstall updates"

This will revert Android Market to the original version that came with
your device. Android Market should automatically self-update to the
current version within a few days.

If you have any apps with a rating not supported by the previous version you might have to wait until Market re-updates itself, but it worked for me for all my apps.