Marketplace Force Close

NYCdroidx

Reaction score
Hi. I did a factory reset to fix a non-functioning home/search button issue. The reset fixed that, but now the marketplace will not open. It just does a force close. Tried calling Verizon but tech support only suggested a factory reset (didn't work when they told me to do it either). Tried clearing the Marketplace cache as well as pulling the battery with the phone on. Any ideas on how I can get the marketplace back? Thanks.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi. I did a factory reset to fix a non-functioning home/search button issue. The reset fixed that, but now the marketplace will not open. It just does a force close. Tried calling Verizon but tech support only suggested a factory reset (didn't work when they told me to do it either). Tried clearing the Marketplace cache as well as pulling the battery with the phone on. Any ideas on how I can get the marketplace back? Thanks.

Have you cleared the Market's data yet? Is there a uninstall backups button visible for the market in Manage applications/all?

OP
NYCdroidx

NYCdroidx

Reaction score
Have you cleared the Market's data yet? Is there a uninstall backups button visible for the market in Manage applications/all?

There is no uninstall backups button. I have cleared the data. The cache is 0.

OP
NYCdroidx

NYCdroidx

Reaction score
There is no uninstall backups button. I have cleared the data. The cache is 0.