Someone refresh my memory...dialer Force Closing.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Yep, it has started happening again. I go to dialer and it opens then directly closes back down. Can't even access the dialer from the Contacts menu...does the same force close...wiped cache and still no help.

Figure a factory reset is coming..but want to see if I have missed anything...thanks.

Sent from my GB'd Droid X

chaas5010

Reaction score
My phone has been doing the same thing droid x on cm7 does a battery pull do more than just a reboot

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
BodyBagz

BodyBagz

Reaction score
My phone has been doing the same thing droid x on cm7 does a battery pull do more than just a reboot

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
For the most part...No, a battery pull doesnt really do anymore than a reboot. As far as this issue, it has absolutely no effect, nor does a battery pull, Davlik Cache wipe, Cache wipe, Fix Permissions...

OP
BodyBagz

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Just did a Topic Search for this issue and found a post where this issue started after a device went into "Cool Down Mode" after getting overheated. This reminded me that my phone had just did this as well last Wednesday, and I did a Battery Pull while the phone was still in coll down mode. I figured it would cool down quicker if the battery and cover were out of the way...:blush: Seems that might not have been such a smart thing to do...

Consequently, the original poster of this tid-bit, also concluded that getting the phone back up to a temp that sets off Cool Down mode and allowing the device to actually cycle all the way through cleared up his issue with the dialer force closing...but I will not be doing this. I would rather do the Factory Reset and not subject my phone to undue heat a 2nd time...YMMV...