Market Force Closing

jimmiet

Reaction score
I switched to Sapphire and I am very pleased I did. AWESOME JOB GUYS!!! Just have 1 problem. At first I wasn't seeing all my paid apps, so I went with the market hack. Now whenever I go in the market it FC shortly after I download something. Is there a way to uninstall and get back to the original (pre-hack)? TIA -- jimmiet

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
jimmiet

jimmiet

Reaction score
At first I didn't and it worked fine until I realized I wasn't seeing all my paid apps, so I then applied the cvpc's market hack and that's when the problems started.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I believe the market fix is just some changes to build.prop, so you should be able to grab the one from the system install file and push it back. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't pulled apart the market hack to see what it does.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
if the fix is an .apk, I would say reinstall gapps.

OP
jimmiet

jimmiet

Reaction score
I believe the market fix is just some changes to build.prop, so you should be able to grab the one from the system install file and push it back. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't pulled apart the market hack to see what it does.

Tried that, working so far. Thanks for ur help!

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

Tried that, working so far. Thanks for ur help!

Happy to help, glad it worked. :)

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

the market fix is nothing but a replacement build.prop file

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
so what's the point of the market hack then if the market in the system install file is good? or did i miss something... :icon_eek:

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
so what's the point of the market hack then if the market in the system install file is good? or did i miss something... :icon_eek:

The problem for some folks is that certain DRM apps are not showing up in the market on 2.2 builds. The market "hack" is simply a replacement build.prop that fools the market into thinking you are running eclair (ESE81), and those apps should show up. However, with the hack you may lose out on 2.2 only apps like Flash because, again, the market thinks you're running 2.1 (although some claim they can see the flash beta even after applying the hack).

This hack should become unnecessary quite soon when a valid 2.2 fingerprint for droid comes about as the official OTA looms closer.

edit: there's a (probably better) explanation of the hack from cvpcs on the 0.8.4 release page.

white_ash143

Reaction score
Titanium includes market links when you make backups. Market sync shouldn't be relied upon anyways. It's wishy-washy. Use a backup app that saves market info as well as the apk's. Titanium restored my apps nicely (with data, no issues) and paid apps show up in market.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
problem is, i can't install titanium until i fix the market :)

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah the market just keeps force-closing as it's trying to resync with google - some have installed, but TB hasn't

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok, so it FC'd its way to reinstalling everything that google had synced, and it appears to install something now if i try, but it FC's every time it's done...

should i try the market hack again?