Market Force Close CANT install APPS!!!

GeneRs

Reaction score
So a couple of days ago, I noticed my market icon had suddenly changed from the themed blue that I had to the standard green. Then when I tried to daownload apps, I would get to the point of install and Market would force close. I did a Nandroid restore and that seemed to fix it.

Today... Suddenly my market icon is green AGAIN and I'm back to the force close issue. Can't install any apps though they show as downloaded.
I haven't loaded anything new in a long time.

What is causing this sudden change in my Market settings and the force closes? Has something changed with the way the Market is syncing to our droids ( Causing the icon and page color change ) ? Any idea how to repair this without doing a Nandroid restore every couple of days?

By the way, I am running Adam Z's Smoked Glass V5.0. Have been for months. Everything has run GREAT for me on this ROM. I'm veeeery concerned about this issue popping up suddenly.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

ska8r411

Reaction score
hmmmmm,thats really weird. Have you tried re installing the ROM?
Or just even switching to a new one?
That could help.

oMenaceTigero

Reaction score
This happens to me too. Go to settings > applications and find the market. Click on it and click the uninstall updates button. Open back up the market and it should ask you to agree to some terms, and it will work. Do a reboot after if it still does not.

OP
GeneRs

GeneRs

Reaction score
Thanx Tigero. That worked. The only problem now is that everytime I go to the market, it updates and I can't download anything. Anyone know of a way to keep the market app from updating yet still be usable? ( Can't change to .bak ) I really hate the idea of having to keep uninstalling updtes everytime I wanna search for an app.

OP
GeneRs

GeneRs

Reaction score
So can ANYONE offer a suggestion to fix the market so it doesn't upodate but I can still access it for apps? Don't wanna have to keep uninstalling update each time I've used the market. I'm surprised... I figured that someone would have found a work around for this issue. I can't be the only one having this problem.

necroscopev

Reaction score
I also had the same issue when I tried the new JRummy Shiz rom, went back to BB 1.1 and it is all good now.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk