Market auto-reload of aps?

Goblynn93

Reaction score
I factory reset my phone and all the aps I downloaded came back automatically. The whole point of the factory reset was to get RID of these aps! Too many downloaded to want to uninstall each separately.

I talked to the idiots at the Verizon store and they told me its because I have Astro installed. So I uninstalled Astro and did another factory reset.

All my programs came back, INCLUDING Astro which I had uninstalled manually.

Now... I've gone and rooted my phone, backed it up, and loaded a ROM (CM6) and wouldn't ya know it? All those stupid aps are back again!

How do I stop the auto-reloading of aps to my phone? This is more annoying than a Tab Key where the Space Bar should be!

droidman101

Reaction score
I factory reset my phone and all the aps I downloaded came back automatically. The whole point of the factory reset was to get RID of these aps! Too many downloaded to want to uninstall each separately.

I talked to the idiots at the Verizon store and they told me its because I have Astro installed. So I uninstalled Astro and did another factory reset.

Now... I've gone and rooted my phone, backed it up, and loaded a ROM (CM6) and wouldn't ya know it? All those stupid aps are back again!

How do I stop the auto-reloading of aps to my phone? This is more annoying than a Tab Key where the Space Bar should be!

The market syncs through google, not astro, lol, so when you sign into your google account they restored the apps, uninstall the apps through settings

OP
G

Goblynn93

Reaction score
Settings in my Google account? Or on the phone??

The market syncs through google, not astro, lol, so when you sign into your google account they restored the apps, uninstall the apps through settings

OP
G

Goblynn93

Reaction score
I can see under Privacy these two settings:
Back Up My Data
and
Automatic Restore

The text for these two settings do not indicate an auto loading of aps, only settings...

"If I reinstall an application, restore backed up settings or other data"

No ap reload mentioned there...

"Back Up My Settings and other application data"

No ap reloading there either. Both indicate settings and "data" --IF-- I reinstall an ap.

Under Accounts/Sync are the same two options... Neither one indicates it turn on or off the "auto-loading" of aps after a factory reset or delete...

I have 100s of aps loaded that I want to get rid of... How can I just simply Factory Reset the phone and put my Google account back in it without all these 100s of aps automatically downloading again??

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Settings in my Google account? Or on the phone??

Should be on the phone. Hit menu/settings/application/manage applications. Let it load, select the app and you'll see the option to uninstall.