How to clear unwanted applications not showing in the the settings

ittiandro

Reaction score
I am finding lately a lot of garbage apps on my Android tablet, which I didn't download, but somehow sneaked in and I can't uninstall because they don't show in the in the Settings APPS tab. I already rooted the tablet to get rid of those which came originally with the tablet. How can I uninstall these unlisted apps I have no use for and take up space, without doing a factory reset? For ex: Temple Run,Shop Apps, Dungeon Keeper,Knights and Drags,Download MEE, Date,Average Allien, Top Apps, to name a few.

Thanks

Ittiandro

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
You neglected to mention the tablet brand as some come with apps that look like junk to some people. Also when you went to the app manager, did you scroll to all to find those? I suggest installing an anti virus app if you haven't already. Rooting can actually add to the problems if it was a stray app that's inviting relatives.

OP
I

ittiandro

Reaction score
My tablet is a D2-912 .Most, if not all, of the apps I want to get rid of did not come with the original tablet when I purchased it. As I said, these apps don't even show in the tablet's list of apps. You mention an Application Manager. It would make sense to look there, but I can't even see one such app in my tablet. THere is only a File Manager, but it only lists the files I have , not the apps. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Ittiandro

OP
I

ittiandro

Reaction score
Unwanted apps

In the settings there is NO APPLICATION control functions, except the APPLICATION TAB which shows ALL the installed apps and the UNINSTALL function for each of them. Unfortunately those I wanted to uninstall are not listed.
Perhaps I should be more precise: my tablet has a first default screen which shows a number of icons ( e-mail, Settings, etc), then if I press a button at the top right, I get to the APPLICATIONS screen proper. The " applications" I want to uninstall are not on the APPLICATIONS screen proper, but on the first default screen I referred to earlier. By clicking on them, I get to an Internet link. So they are not apps after all, but they clog my screen and I want to get rid of them . I suppose I have cookies in my tablet. How do I get rid both of the cookies and of these website link icons on my screen?

Thanks

Ittiandro

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can download the app Titanium Backup and freeze these apps so they no longer appear. Easiest way to do it.