Lost all my Market download data?

variousdinosaurs

Reaction score
Had a problem today with phone getting locked and of course the google account "not working" bug... so I had to factory reset. I had heard applications automatically reinstalled/came back sometimes, but mine had no such luck after being online for a good 30 minutes or so.

Problem:
I went to the Market, and saw a giant list of all my previously downloaded apps. I could find no master "download all" button so I started running through them one-by-one. After about 10 apps the download history reset itself!!! Now I have no history of my previously downloaded/researched apps?

Anyone have suggestions how to get my old history back or any kind of info to help me refind all my ****? Ugh. I had Astro downloaded, and have it reinstalled now, but can't find any history of anything.

Halp. D=

Vitticeps

Reaction score
I don't know of any way to bring them back.

Going forward, I'd look into using AppBrain to sync apps and be able to re-download them all after a reset. Doesn't help you much this go-round but it will make life much easier next time.

OP
V

variousdinosaurs

Reaction score
Trying to dig around in files to see what kind of history is stored on phone. Finding little random leftover files here and there on sdcard from apps, but nothing too interesting yet... would have assumed there would be more history on the sdcard?

Also I saw tons of posts about people wanting to erase their history and having issues, here is a post that talks about rooting and deleting a file.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/pending-submissions-questions/29719-clear-market-history.html

I've never rooted before, would I need this to view the file in question? Is that the mystery thing I might be looking for or is that a thing that got wiped on my reset?

So confused.

superglen99

Reaction score
I recently did a data/cache wipe to re install BB. When I go to market and hit menu>downloads it shows like 10 apps. I have 102 apps. When I search for them in the market it gives me the install option even though the apps are already installed. Is there a way to fix this? thanks

OP
V

variousdinosaurs

Reaction score
Yeah I had to go around and manually rediscover all the apps I had originally. Pretty upset the market didn't keep a proper record of downloads although people claim it's supposed to? oO

Also my 3 year old son was just looking over my shoulder and yelled LOOK AT THE DANCING BANANA... so I'm going to have to post some now.
:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

superglen99

Reaction score
Haha cute. well ive done data wipe several times and never had this issue, this is gonna suck re discovering them all :/