Replacement phone == no download history in Market

HaLo2FrEeEk

Reaction score
I had some issues with the FroYo update and had to get a new device shipped to me. After having the same issue and finally getting it resolved on the new device (hopefully,) I noticed that I no longer have a download history in the Market. Luckily (as in thank GOD) I used ASTRO to back up all my apps to the SD card before I got the new device, however, this is still annoying. Since I won't be installing these apps from the Market, they still won't show up in my download history, and as such I won't get update notifications about them. I had about 60 apps installed, some of which aren't available from the marketplace anymore, and I just really don't want to have to manually install them all again. Is there a way I can restore my download history? I am signed into the Google account that I was using on my old phone, so the history should be there, I don't know why it disappeared, Verizon support told me that the history should carry over between phones since it's tied to the Google account.

Any suggestions?

PS. I did a factory data reset on the old phone before I replaced it and when I got it set back up with my Google account, my history was still there, so it should be here now on the new device.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Get appbrain
Easy......

OP
HaLo2FrEeEk

HaLo2FrEeEk

Reaction score
Does that solve the issue of the Download history not appearing in the Android Market, which is what I want? I realize that with the power of Open Source I can download an app that will replace just about anything on the phone, but that's not what I want in this case, I want my download history restored to the stock Android Marketplace app.

FlipCpt45

Reaction score
Its probably because you erased your old device and signed back in without letting the market place download and install each one.. thus resetting history..

Its happened to me. I wiped and installed Simply Stunning 4.7 and my download history was there but I didn't like it so I wiped it and installed Digital Detox and the only thing that was in my DL history was purchased apps.

Might as well download something like Titanium back up. I think it restores the pointers so it appears in the market again.

OP
HaLo2FrEeEk

HaLo2FrEeEk

Reaction score
I know that after I performed the data reset on my old device, my phone automatically went through my download history and installed all the apps that I'd had installed before the reset. I used the old phone for 5 days with the 2.2 update, so I know all the applications were installed. When I got my new phone I never performed a data reset on the old one, I just took out the battery, put it in the new phone and turned it on. I didn't install 2.2 right away, I waited until the battery was 100% charged, plugged it in, then performed the update. Even when it was still on 2.1 though, there was no download history. I'm scared to reboot my phone (which I've heard is supposed to work,) because I don't want the issues I was having to come back again. I also heard that simply downloading 1 app from the marketplace will reestablish the communication ad restore my download history. I guess I'll try both. If neither of those work, I got a number from Verizon to call Motorola Droid support and they should be able to fix it. Like I said, I don't want to download an app to replace the marketplace, I like the default marketplace.