Market Apps Not Displaying after Downloading

boilerkj

Reaction score
When I got my GNex I didn't have this problem - at least I didn't notice it. I had the box checked to auto-create a widget when I downloaded something from the market and I got annoyed with it taking up home screen space for every single thing so I unchecked that. Sometime after that, I started noticing that things I downloaded didn't show up in my home menu unless I restarted the phone. I just tried clearing the data/cache on the Market and downloaded something and still it doesn't create an icon for it. I imagine after I restart it'll be fine. I also tried re-enabling the auto-widget thing.

Any ideas what is wrong and how I might fix it? It's marginally annoying having to restart just to get to my new apps.

ETA - I also noticed that the icons from things I uninstall don't go away either until I restart.

OP
B

boilerkj

Reaction score
ETA 2 - It seems to be a launcher thing...if I go back to the stock launcher it seems ok - but ADW has issues?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Seems like it would be an ADW launcher issue to me. I never used ADW, but I never had that problem on my Inc when I was using LP+

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ETA 2 - It seems to be a launcher thing...if I go back to the stock launcher it seems ok - but ADW has issues?

Do you happen to have any catelogs or folders set up in your app drawer? Can't remember what they're called on ADW, but used to pick only the apps you want to have displayed. If so, you have to go in an add each new app that you download or it won't show up in the drawer.