Issues with Wifi

bmkdroid

Reaction score
So I purchased Modern Combat 3 the other day when they had the sale. Usually don't download too many games but saw it was discounted a good bit thought I'd try it!

Well, I've been trying to download the required files probably 5+ times now and am getting an issue every time. What happens is I open the app, it tells me to download and I click the button to start. It begins to download fine for a given amount of time. Then I check and notice it has stopped (not at a specific amount, always a different amount downloaded so far).

I thought perhaps it was weak Wifi signal, but I always have 2 or 3 bars in my home. I also considered the wifi sleep policy. I had it originally on only when plugged in, so I tried downloading while the phone was plugged in but had the same issue. So I changed it to "Always" and just attemped to download again only to be stopped around 550MB downloaded.

Also, I notice that when I see that the download has stopped and I go to open the app either through the multitasking menu or through the app icon, the app completely restarts.

I've never had issues downloading large files over Wifi on other devices so I feel like it has to be something with the phone or the app.

Any idea on what could be going wrong or what I need to do to fix it?

Are you using a lot of different apps while this is downloading in the background and maybe causing it to kill the download? Have you tried to reboot and try again?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

I had the exact same problem yesterday. What I ended up doing was plugging it into ac, then every 20 - 30 secs touch the screen somewhere to keep it awake. Don't know exactly what is going on but it worked. PITA though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I downloaded through wifi with my device plugged in and the screen off while I took care of some things. 10 minutes later it was done.

Try clearing the cache/data of MC3, that may help. Or you could re-establish a wifi connection. Also if I've heard changing your router's channel to 4 creates a more stable connection.

Back