Mark email as read

mespgs112

Reaction score
Razr HD Maxx: Using AOL for email. . . when I read the email on my computer, it still shows up on my phone, and vice versa. On previous Droid 3 I used to be able to read it on one or the other, and then it would not show up on the other once it was read. There used to be a check box in Settings that said something like "Move email to read" upon closing an email. Also, I have many files for storing emails. They do not show up now. How can I get to my folders? I used to click "Move" and the list of folders would come up. Help!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Hello mespgs112. Are you using the stock E-mail app or an app that you downloaded from the Play Store? Different mail apps have different settings.

OP
M

mespgs112

Reaction score
I believe I must be using the stock E-mail app - Verizon set it up for me!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I don't know of any way to make e-mails that are "read" not show up on the phone. I have three accounts tied to my stock e-mail app and had the same three accounts on my Droid 3 and Droid 1. What you described is normal, as I understand it. If I read one of my yahoo e-mails on my phone, it is marked as "read" when I log in on my computer and vice versa. If there is a way to change that, I am not aware of it. You can set how many days of mail you want to see on your phone in the E Mail app settings. For your folder question, the picture below might help. Once you select a message by checking the box, you have options on the bottom of the screen. The one that looks like two folders should bring up your folders options, it's the "move to" button. Select the folder you want to move the message to and it's moved. Hope this helps out.

Screenshot_2013-06-28-07-13-43.png