maps using high amount of battery after jb

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
is that how the GPS symbol is supposed to look on a s3 or is it trying to find you? what is the icon to the right of it? 6 seconds is a short time to figure it out but looks like GPS is going nuts.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Go into Maps>Settings>Location Settings Turn off location reporting and location sharing.... It is a common issue with the JB update those are turned on by default to work better with Google Now.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
The battery drain is a known issue with the recent update and it's not just unsatisfying drain that these suggestions might help. You also need to run GSAM for at least a day, going from a full charge to 15-20%.

After that, please refer to this thread...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga.../232795-horrible-battery-drain-jb-update.html

Read through there and see if any of the solutions work. And please contribute any details you can, including screenshots, to that thread.

kevinaldrich

Reaction score
With my original DROID and now with my GS3 maps & navigation sucks up my battery. I found the easiest thing to do is keep my phone plugged into my car charger while using navigation. I'm in sales, travel my entire state and use navigation on my phone almost daily.