Maps update....

PatrickJ

Reaction score
Not sure but I think the update on maps screwed my bolt up. The gps lock on is not working again and my weather widget isn't locating me. Ugh!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jseah

Reaction score
Just noticed the same thing on both my Thunderbolt and my wife's. I've waited 15 minutes while standing outside and the GPS never locked.

OP
PatrickJ

PatrickJ

Reaction score
My weather widget says I'm over in france too. Lol I have no idea what is going on but I must say it's very frustrating.

chukeee

Reaction score
No problem here. Even inside mine locks on in about 5 seconds.

jseah

Reaction score
Yesterday my weather widget said I was in Ireland. My daughter's weather widget (on her Droid Incredible) said she was in Spain. And when I opened the Speedtest app, it connected me to a server in Dublin, Ireland. The weather widget is working fine now, but GPS still won't lock on.

I haven't used the GPS app in about a month, so I don't know when the GPS "broke".

OP
PatrickJ

PatrickJ

Reaction score
The weather widget is off and on for me. Last time I looked I didn't have a S on my chest so it's hard for me to get from Ny to France in a few minutes. Lol I think the trouble started with google maps update. It also seems it only affects ny state people.

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Mine had me in Spain.....very weird

jseah

Reaction score
I even tried using the GPS Status app and it doesn't seem to lock on either. It will flash 1/1 locked and then disappear, then any combination up to 6/6 satellites locked, but then it disappears again and the spinning circle icon at the bottom of the screen keeps spinning. Also tried resetting the A-GPS data and that didn't help. Tried GPS Fix and same thing. It picks up three satellites, locks onto the first two and the third keeps flashing. Then all the satellites disappear and then reappears and it tries locking on again. Never locks on and then the GPS times out after 15 minutes. Same thing with the GPS Test app. Satellites keeps disappearing and then reappearing and never fully locks on.

jseah

Reaction score
Here's an update. Contacted HTC and they suggested a factory reset. After factory reset, GPS still doesn't work. And weather widget keeps telling me that I am located in Valdealgorfa, rather than NY. HTC suggests that if the factory reset doesn't work, then I need to contact Verizon to get a replacement.

jseah

Reaction score
OP
PatrickJ

PatrickJ

Reaction score
Well it seems they fixed the problem. My gps locks on now! Yay!