Maps and Navigation Gone?

themuttt

Reaction score
a freind of mine texted me yesterday and said that her RAZR no longer has the Maps or Navigation app, to get home she had to download VZW Navigator app. All tech support would tell her was to factory reset. I'm guessing this had to do with the latest Maps update, so should she uninstall the update to see if it pops back, or is there a way to hunt for the apps?

BTW: I did try to search and found nothing :p

2razrmaxx

Reaction score
Mine disappeared as well. However, I still have a short cut to maps but no shortcut for navigation.

When I open maps I can input my destination: to navigate to it but there is no shortcut. It now takes several steps

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Hmmmm... Still on mine.

Is she on Jelly Bean? Rooted with a custom ROM?

EDIT/UPDATE: Ahhhh... now I see what you are talking about. Apparently you got the update before I did. Got pushed the update the other day and now my "Blue Arrow" is gone too. However, as others have suggested, all you have to do is access navigation from within google maps now. IMHO, it does cut out some extra steps.

David

Last edited:

2razrmaxx

Reaction score
If you still have the arrow you don't have the latest version. Its gone on the new version per Google data. Functionality is still there just moved around a bit.

There are some changes....none that affect me too much so I can deal with it...ha :)

OP
themuttt

themuttt

Reaction score
If you still have the arrow you don't have the latest version. Its gone on the new version per Google data. Functionality is still there just moved around a bit.

There are some changes....none that affect me too much so I can deal with it...ha :)
what version of Maps are you on?

Razrhead

Reaction score
When I updated to the new version of Maps the icons vanished from the home screen and all apps. I had to go to google play and start maps from there. The maps icon then reappeared in my apps. The new version of maps losses the navigation icon that used to exist separately. I like the old version of maps so I uninstalled maps and rolled back to the original factory version. I like Navigation with access to my contacts and voice search where I need them. The new version of Maps requires more hunting through menus to get anything done.

cris

Reaction score
I too also updated then tried to find my maps, couldn't find it. After some searching found out that the newest update dissent have that in there. And a work around is to open maps in your browser. Screw that. I went back to the stock app.

Razrhead

Reaction score
It's no biggie until you try using the new maps app. When they make things more complicated and take away features it's a little hard to understand someone's idea of improvement. Update for the sake of update. Microsoft does this to make you buy the newer version of office or windows. I don't know why google would inflict this update on us unless they are working toward a paid app.

gloydian

Reaction score
When I updated to the new version of Maps the icons vanished from the home screen and all apps. I had to go to google play and start maps from there. The maps icon then reappeared in my apps. The new version of maps losses the navigation icon that used to exist separately. I like the old version of maps so I uninstalled maps and rolled back to the original factory version. I like Navigation with access to my contacts and voice search where I need them. The new version of Maps requires more hunting through menus to get anything done.

I would appreciate you telling me how to 'roll back to the original factory version.' I hate the new 'improved' version, as it requires a lot more work to enter an address. The old version was quick, clean and convenient. Thanks

Razrhead

Reaction score
To roll back the Maps app go to manage apps on your phone and find the Maps app. On some phones you have to go to phone settings to manage apps. On other phones there is an apps manager option at the bottom of the home screen. You may have to check uninstall or check uninstall updates. The original factory version of Maps will be installed. The Maps and Navigation apps will return. For the time being you need to avoid google maps update.

tnronin

Reaction score
I had to go to the play store and tell it NOT to update maps.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2