Map/navigation keeps forceclosing

wgarvin

Reaction score
I'm running the PB00IM on my Eris and I can't get my Google maps it navigation to work. Anytime I try to put in a destination it force closes, any advice?

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App

OP
W

wgarvin

Reaction score
3,3, tried to update but it won't take

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
From the home screen, hit menu, settings, applications, manage applications, tap maps, and try to uninstall that way. Then you can update through the market.

If that doesn't work, use a 3rd party app to remove the maps apk. Root explorer is what I use, just find the file, and rename it first (maps.apk.old), then download the new apk from the market, then you can remove the old file from your phone.

OP
W

wgarvin

Reaction score
When I try to update it says "Package file was not signed correctly."

OP
W

wgarvin

Reaction score
yes, from the market. It'll download but it won't install, giving me that error message.

bubbagoonboy66

Reaction score
I'm subsribed its doing the same thing for me...maybe its bc I'm rooted with a new OS or something?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

rigbyrobot

Reaction score
I'm subsribed its doing the same thing for me...maybe its bc I'm rooted with a new OS or something?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

what Rom are you running? have you tried flashing a gapps package? or rename the file ext. to .bak on the original in the system/app folder? I believe gapps like maps must have an original copy in the system/app folder, then any updates in the market will install to the data/app folder. not sure if it will work but if you can find the apk push it to /system/app then try updating and see how it works

Sent from my FroyoEris using DroidForums App