Many DroidX phones returning to unrooted stock!

Natey2

Reaction score
I see many DroidX phones returning to unrooted stock, which is my (personal) favorite ROM :), to get the GB OTA update.
Will more people stay stock unrooted now?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
shortly after I got my X in february I tried a couple of ROM's.. and they were cool.
however for ME, stock just feels right on this phone.

so aside from about 3 weeks of playing around early and a week of the first GB leak I've been stock/unrooted and I love the phone.. call me silly

Beka27

Reaction score
They WILL... until there's a one-click rooting method... lol.

After I SBFed to stock Froyo yesterday (prior to installing the .596 rooted GB), I was about to pull my hair out. I can't stand being unrooted now, even for 20 minutes. It feels so much laggier to me, although that might be my imagination.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score

After I SBFed to stock Froyo yesterday (prior to installing the .596 rooted GB), I was about to pull my hair out. I can't stand being unrooted now, even for 20 minutes. It feels so much laggier to me, although that might be my imagination.

it's just your imagination.
now that you're on GB just use the new app drawer to hide the bloatware and you'll never know the difference dancedroid

Beka27

Reaction score

it's just your imagination.
now that you're on GB just use the new app drawer to hide the bloatware and you'll never know the difference dancedroid

Oh no, I'm rooted. I meant that it drove me nuts for the 20 minutes or so BEFORE I rerooted. Lol... I'm staying rooted with the stock GB for awhile to get a feel for it.

pjniez

Reaction score
Oh no, I'm rooted. I meant that it drove me nuts for the 20 minutes or so BEFORE I rerooted. Lol... I'm staying rooted with the stock GB for awhile to get a feel for it.

How did you re-root? What did you use? Gingerbreak? Z4root?

I thought that rooting the OTA GB was not going to be easy and it would take a while for developers to root it...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

pjniez

Reaction score

meaker

Reaction score

Beka27

Reaction score
From that link:

Patched update.zip (not signed)
You must follow the directions exactly to the letter, if you do not I can not guarantee the results. Please do not post questions here if you have not read the directions below. Before beginning ensure that you understand the directions that you have read.

Good now that you have read above the you are ready to proceed.

1. Your phone must be in the following condition before you can use the patched updater.

1.Your phone is running the 2.3.340 official Froyo Firmware
2.Your phone has been rooted
3.Your phone is using the Droid2 Bootstrap program (Do Not Use DroidX Bootstrap)

Install part 1 and then part 2 before leaving recovery!!

File Part 1
md5sum: a02e41f06370419ac4f8f77c45b52c1e
file size: 99.4 MB (104,274,395 bytes)

Mirror 1: Download Now
Mirror 2: Download Now
Mirror 3: Download Now

File Part 2
md5sum: 652ae2341f17fd46631be26c28e28eac
file size: 12.9 MB (13,534,847 bytes)

Download one of the Part 1 files and one of the Part 2 files. Install both using Droid 2 Bootstrapper just like you'd flash a rom.

Once I got past the SBF part, this was a piece of cake...

Dullawolf

Reaction score
To install part 1 and part 2 you just use the DROID 2 bootstrap. You DON'T have to change the file name to update.zip. just leave it the way it is and then install part 1. After that installs it will ask you to install part 2. If you can't read the full file part 1 will be the first file and part 2 second

meaker

Reaction score
From that link:

Patched update.zip (not signed)
You must follow the directions exactly to the letter, if you do not I can not guarantee the results. Please do not post questions here if you have not read the directions below. Before beginning ensure that you understand the directions that you have read.

Good now that you have read above the you are ready to proceed.

1. Your phone must be in the following condition before you can use the patched updater.

1.Your phone is running the 2.3.340 official Froyo Firmware
2.Your phone has been rooted
3.Your phone is using the Droid2 Bootstrap program (Do Not Use DroidX Bootstrap)

Install part 1 and then part 2 before leaving recovery!!

File Part 1
md5sum: a02e41f06370419ac4f8f77c45b52c1e
file size: 99.4 MB (104,274,395 bytes)

File Part 2
md5sum: 652ae2341f17fd46631be26c28e28eac
file size: 12.9 MB (13,534,847 bytes)

Download one of the Part 1 files and one of the Part 2 files. Install both using Droid 2 Bootstrapper just like you'd flash a rom.

Once I got past the SBF part, this was a piece of cake...
So did you have to reroot before installing the downloads above? I guess I'm confused as it says "your phone has been rooted" in the conditions before install. Does that mean you need to be rooted or you were rooted before you sbf? Sorry for all the questions but I just don't want to do anything wrong..

Also I have to download a total of 6 files? mirror 1, mirror 2 and mirror 3 for both parts 1 and 2?

CBMGGM

Reaction score
I was on the leaked .595 deodexed and rooted. Flashed .596 deodexed right over the top. It was flawless and I stayed rooted.

Dullawolf

Reaction score
So did you have to reroot before installing the downloads above? I guess I'm confused as it says "your phone has been rooted" in the conditions before install. Does that mean you need to be rooted or you were rooted before you sbf? Sorry for all the questions but I just don't want to do anything wrong..

Also I have to download a total of 6 files? mirror 1, mirror 2 and mirror 3 for both parts 1 and 2?

when you sbf back to stock froyo, you have to gain root and then install droid 2 bootstrap. from there you restart your phone holding the home key. after it loads into the bootstrap cycle down to install update from sd card. make sure you put the part 1 adn part 2 in the toplevel of your sd card. go to the part 1, which is the first one, and select it using the camera button. it will run through the install and after it is finished it will prompt you to install part 2. after it runs through that process your phone will start up and it will be rooted. you wont have to use z4 or any other rooting process. team black hat did it for you already.