Manuel Update?

KSR

Reaction score
Well, I recently got rid of my Verizon service and have been using it's other uses over WiFi (games and such).

I was wondering if Gingerbread was released yet...?

I tried to "Check for new" software on the handset itself but it said something similar to 'check again when I've restored connection'.

Is there a way to update it to Gingerbread manually (if its released, of course). I'm hoping I can maybe download a program on my PC and put it onto my microSD card to install? Please help.

Thank you for your time.

Ambushbug

Reaction score
Well, I recently got rid of my Verizon service and have been using it's other uses over WiFi (games and such).

I was wondering if Gingerbread was released yet...?

I tried to "Check for new" software on the handset itself but it said something similar to 'check again when I've restored connection'.

Is there a way to update it to Gingerbread manually (if its released, of course). I'm hoping I can maybe download a program on my PC and put it onto my microSD card to install? Please help.

Thank you for your time.

It hasn't been released yet, HTC came out and said today it would be released this quarter so take it for what its worth.

As for the second part of your question I'm not sure. I know you typically can download the updates to your pc then to your phone, I don't see why you not having service would effect that.

OP
K

KSR

Reaction score
Alright, thank you for the info. I can't wait for it to come out. I'm close to rooting my phone anyway, so we'll see. :D