Manually activating new handset on corporate account...

jfrancis

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

My cell phone service is paid for through my company. I use a Droid 2 and I'd like to purchase a new handset and activate it for use with my corporate plan. Verizon stores won't help me out since I'm not the "account owner." My question is: is this a policy issue or an actual technical issue? In other words, if I purchase an unlocked handset, will I be able to manually activate it myself or would it require some sort of intervention from my IT department?

Thanks!
John

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
the only way to activate a device on a corporate account is through the policy owner.... in your case the company you work for would have to approve it.

depending on the size or your status in the company this can be done with ease or not.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
My question is: is this a policy issue or an actual technical issue? In other words, if I purchase an unlocked handset, will I be able to manually activate it myself or would it require some sort of intervention from my IT department?
Think about it this way: do you really want your carrier activating devices on your account for just anyone that walks in? Same deal, basically. The account owner or authorized individual has to handle changes like this.