Managing Downloads

dwbc153

Reaction score
I've never figured out to manage where downloaded files go. For example, if I download an image from the browser I never can figure out where it goes. If I download an email attachment, again same problem. Is there some sort of app to help streamline and organize where files go when I download them? That is one great advantage of Opera is that it let's you choose where to store the download, but as far as emails, photos, music, etc I generally have no clue where to find them. Thanks!

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

jayman350

Reaction score
do you have a file manager installed? Astro is a decent one that also gives you the ability to download any type of file (you may have noticed you can't dl a lot of file types), although I prefer ES File Explorer.

Typically your downloads will go to SD Card under the Downloads directory, pretty straightforward. Never used an HTC so I don't know if the location is different.

hope this helps

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
what jayman said. Grab an file manager, it's more useful than you think it is and you'll find yourself using it alot more than you think too

OP
D

dwbc153

Reaction score
Thanks, Yes I have ES file explorer. I'm not sure I was clear, or maybe I just don't understand how to use the file manager. Also have WiFi file explorer which is great. I would like some way to be able to specify the folder where a download is stored (like Opera allows) Instead of the seemingly random way they are currently stored. Sorry I'm such a pain in the arse. Maybe I just need to read up on how to use the file managers.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

jayman350

Reaction score
as far as I can tell from my experience w/ the D1 and Bionic is that the stock browser will always download to the downloads folder. I don't use Opera, but Dolphin Browser HD also d/ls to the downloads folder. So open up ES, go to the SD card and look for downloads, everything that you have downloaded should be in there.

don't worry about being a pain, if you don't ask questions you will never learn. This place has been a godsend for me learning everything from the basics to flashing roms/kernels/themes.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would like some way to be able to specify the folder where a download is stored (like Opera allows) Instead of the seemingly random way they are currently stored.
If the app doesn't offer the option then you're out of luck. As stated above, the stock browser downloads into downloads on your SD card. As far as the email apps are concerned, it depends on the email app. Touchdown, for example, has its own folder structure on the SD card for attachments.