Making the JB 4.2 Camera ACTUALLY work on Bionic (Help)

The Architect

Reaction score
This link over at XDA has the files and claims it should work on ALL phones and just needs to be flashed, and to some extent, it does work on the Bionic. The normal camera functions and camcorder functions work.

LINK ---> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1966302

My complaint is shared by many others (Not Bionics however) and is that when using the Photosphere mode, after aligning the first shot, it lags....holy crap does it lag, its unusable and I do not know why.

Im extremely eager to have this working properly. A lot of people mention editing the build.prop file to match that of a nexus and this resolves their issues, Im tech savvy and can follow directions, however I do not know how to do this. If anyone is willing to help, I would be very grateful for any and all advice.

Last edited:

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Not in direct answer to your issues, but Eclipse ICS v1.1 for the Bionic comes with the 4.2 Photosphere camera. That might be more to your liking, since it says you had nICEcream 2.2 at one point.

deduct

Reaction score
Even on eclipse ics 1.1 the photosphere camera does not work correctly. Hopefully someday but not yet. Other than that 4.2 camera is top notch.

OP
T

The Architect

Reaction score
why is that? Also on the 4.2 camera, when recording video, stopping that recording does not work well, if at all sometimes.

deduct

Reaction score
Because bionic does not have the hardware to run 4.2 camera at full capacity I'm afraid. It's the same on my wife's RAZR too. Photosphere lags on it as well. Nitro even took the 4.2 camera out in his 1.2 release today.

diablo81588

Reaction score
Because bionic does not have the hardware to run 4.2 camera at full capacity I'm afraid. It's the same on my wife's RAZR too. Photosphere lags on it as well. Nitro even took the 4.2 camera out in his 1.2 release today.

That can't be true because the galaxy nexus has the same SoC and it works fine. I'm thinking more of a driver issue than a lack of hardware.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

deduct

Reaction score
diablo81588 said:
That can't be true because the galaxy nexus has the same SoC and it works fine. I'm thinking more of a driver issue than a lack of hardware.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

I sure hope your right. Time will tell I suppose.