Make it Stop!

wendee2150

Reaction score
I did a fdr on Friday and I'm going to do another one because I didn't carefully follow the instructions. Now today I am getting a woman's voice announcing 'Verizon wireless' every time I get a call. (I am assuming that if I got a call from another carrier it will announce them?) Anyway, please help! It wasn't doing this earlier and the only thing new I added was mybackup and the other one recommended that we get before you do a fdr. Help! I've looked on every tab in settings to try to figure out where this is coming from. Help! She is quite annoying.
TIA
Wendy

I did a fdr on Friday and I'm going to do another one because I didn't carefully follow the instructions. Now today I am getting a woman's voice announcing 'Verizon wireless' every time I get a call. (I am assuming that if I got a call from another carrier it will announce them?) Anyway, please help! It wasn't doing this earlier and the only thing new I added was mybackup and the other one recommended that we get before you do a fdr. Help! I've looked on every tab in settings to try to figure out where this is coming from. Help! She is quite annoying.
TIA
Wendy
Try dialing *228 to reprogram your phone.

Go to Settings>Sound>Roaming Tone make sure that is not checked. Also the Network Lost tone might be the culprit.

Try dialing *228 to reprogram your phone.

Never do this on a 4g device :) it can fry your simcard. :) vzw has been having uninformed people tell customers to do this..

On a 4g device, simply power cycle the device.. it will re register with the network.. :)

*228 is for 3g devices :) just letting you know.:thumbup:

TIA
Wendy

On a 4g Device never do the *228, because it will kill the sim card that's inside of it. Go to Settings>Sound>Roaming Tone make sure that is not checked.

Sydman said:
Go to Settings>Sound>Roaming Tone make sure that is not checked. Also the Network Lost tone might be the culprit.

This! Try it first... let us know

Never do this on a 4g device :) it can fry your simcard. :) vzw has been having uninformed people tell customers to do this..

On a 4g device, simply power cycle the device.. it will re register with the network.. :)

No idea, no one ever told me not to. I guess I wont be doing that anymore. How do you know if you damaged the sim card?

You'll have connectivity issues.. data drops, dropping 4g and or 3g... your device might even start to reboot on its own. When in doubt, swap it out :) its free. Just go in and say that you would like to swap your sim.. :)

I NEVER KNEW THIS!!! Thank you for sharing. Wow, you learn something every day when you come here!!

wjg

Thank you so very much! This was exactly what it was. So silly of me to think that it meant I would get a "tone" when "Roaming" when I clicked that box....:icon_eek:

wendee2150 said:
Thank you so very much! This was exactly what it was. So silly of me to think that it meant I would get a "tone" when "Roaming" when I clicked that box....:icon_eek:

No problem at all, glad I could assist.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX.

I NEVER KNEW THIS!!! Thank you for sharing. Wow, you learn something every day when you come here!!

wjg

Glad I could pass it along to ya :) lots to learn here.... this is where I learned most of it ;)

wjg

Glad I could pass it along to ya :) lots to learn here.... this is where I learned most of it ;)

Back