MAJOR internet troubles today!

zMd113

Reaction score
Ok so of course the day AFTER I receive my first bill my Incredible turns to complete crap, for me anyways. The main reason I bought it was to surf the internet well today it won't let me do that consistently. Sometimes it will go and other times it does absolutely nothing and stares at me like I'm an idiot! When it does work it'll load about 80% of the page and then just stall out and do nothing. When it doesn't work I mean IT DOESN'T DO A THING! No loading pages whatsoever.
Even though I can't get online I can use apps that require 3G so my service is fine but the internet app is being stupid.
I have cleared all history, cookies, & cache it hasn't helped. I have taken out the battery twice, nothing. I went through the internet settings and everything is the same as it should be.
I'm beyond pissed off because I can't return it because my 30 day period is over. :icon_evil: Everything was fine and dandy during those first 30 days now it's starting to suck! Looks like the honeymoon is over, and the only way out is to pay $350 to get out of the marriage err..contract if things don't improve.
So is anyone else having trouble today?
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Update: The internet is working again after 4+ hours of frustration. It appears it may have been a local issue here in OKC, but has been known to happen in other areas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkseider

Reaction score
Relax. I couldn't do diddly squat on my Droid as well as other folks in my office with Droids today from like 7:00am to about 8:30am EST. Things started to clear up and go back to normal sometime around 9am or so.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Look, the phone doesn't go bad in thirty days. Have you cleaned the cache, cleared the cookies, done any maintenance on the phone at all? You got to take care of these things for them to work right.

Are you running any virus protection? Take it out if you are. Also remove any task killers.

And next time you come in for help tone it down a bit. I understand you're upset but you don't need a neon sign to tell us about it.

OP
zMd113

zMd113

Reaction score
Relax. I couldn't do diddly squat on my Droid as well as other folks in my office with Droids today from like 7:00am to about 8:30am EST. Things started to clear up and go back to normal sometime around 9am or so.

Maybe Verison was messing around with something then, it's starting to work again somewhat. It's still loading about 80% of the page and then stopping.

OP
zMd113

zMd113

Reaction score
Look, the phone doesn't go bad in thirty days. Have you cleaned the cache, cleared the cookies, done any maintenance on the phone at all? You got to take care of these things for them to work right.

Are you running any virus protection? Take it out if you are. Also remove any task killers.

And next time you come in for help tone it down a bit. I understand you're upset but you don't need a neon sign to tell us about it.

Yes I know phones don't go bad in 30 days, but crap it's a $600 phone it better work whenever I want it to.
PDAnet works fine I'm using it right now to talk and other apps are running as they should it's just the internet that is screwed up.
And yes I do clear cache, cookies, history, etc. I know how to take care of electronics.

OP
zMd113

zMd113

Reaction score
Update: since around 2:00pm central time it seems the internet app is up and running perfectly again. I hope this never happens again.

Guchi

Reaction score
i had this happen this morning in boise, idaho also, they must have had a small outade of some kind or somthing

fireman27c

Reaction score
I too had problems on the internet from about 1am on till i just tried it now and its working again. Near Philly, PA. It was fine on Wifi though.

kmo

Reaction score
Hey, nothing is 100% all the time. It could be the network you're on, I have issues at work sometimes and the minute I get home to my wifi network no issues. Could be a multitude of different things causing your problem. There's a learning curve too with using any new device, be patient you'll get it to work. I've never seen a phone that surfs the net better than my INC, most of the time it's blazing fast with very few issues. Oh and internet problems "WILL HAPPEN AGAIN" for you at some pont. It has nothing to do with how much you paid for your new expensive phone. Wireless is voodoo, and when it works we all love it. When it doesn't, well you get the point. Hang in there you have a really good device that should give a very good experience all the way around...

quest7

Reaction score
WTF?! I had problems also this morning. I did a batt pull, recycle, *228, called tech support twice, and nothing. Then it just cleared up. Im in Oklahoma city, ok.hmmm

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
the funniest part about this thread is that if we were all on AT&T, you wouldn't hear hardly any of these complaints

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes I know phones don't go bad in 30 days, but crap it's a $600 phone it better work whenever I want it to.
PDAnet works fine I'm using it right now to talk and other apps are running as they should it's just the internet that is screwed up.
And yes I do clear cache, cookies, history, etc. I know how to take care of electronics.

You, sir (or madam) whatever the case may be, are talking like a jackass. Cell/3G service is just that, a service. It is susceptible to interruption just like cable internet, TV, the power, etc. You have one little issue for a short period of time, and are ready to blow a gasket and call the device a piece of trash? You, my friend, have alot to learn in life. Somehow, I think you are a rather young person with overblown expectations.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
not that I don't think we should have our service work when we pay for it, but this was the first thing i thought of when i saw this earlier and I thought it might lighten the mood a tad :):

[video=youtube;8r1CZTLk-Gk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1CZTLk-Gk]YouTube - Everythings Amazing & Nobodys Happy[/video]