Major Droid X Issue

nate45036

Reaction score
So ive searched the forum, No luck, SO here is my issue.

My phone worked great for a long time, But than the settings button light flickered than went out...Now, All the hard keys dont do what they say, I press the home button and volume go's up and goes to recent apps...When i press volume up or down it goes to home screen while adjusting volume, Camera key sometimes wont work ect...Would this be solved by rooting?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Rooting gives you Superuser access. Nothing more. I would do a data wipe and see if that helps. If you still wanted to root, you can do so later.

CM9

OP
N

nate45036

Reaction score
Rooting gives you Superuser access. Nothing more. I would do a data wipe and see if that helps. If you still wanted to root, you can do so later.

CM9

Thanks brad, It looks like may have to get another phone, I tryed to data whip seemed nothing worked. Must have got wet?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you take the battery door off, there are some little circles by the battery. They are white with red dots if the phone didn't get wet or pinkish red if it did...

Also, you could try to sbf your phone. I recommend using the second link in my signature. It works great and I use it all the time when I screw something up.

CM9

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
If you take the battery door off, there are some little circles by the battery. They are white with red dots if the phone didn't get wet or pinkish red if it did...

Also, you could try to sbf your phone. I recommend using the second link in my signature. It works great and I use it all the time when I screw something up.

CM9

This is a hardware and not software issue. The phone is going to have to be replaced.