Major D2 issues

demandred

Reaction score
All,

I have the strangest problem that has happened to me with a phone. For the past week now my phone has been doing very odd things and it is getting worse by the day. My phone is acting like it is posessed. If I set it down on my desk with the screen on and unlocked it will, all by itself open applications, type gibberish in text fields, reorient the screen and other stuff like that. The touch screen and bottom four buttons are also giving me issues. Sometimes they will work and sometimes they wont. Sometimes, if I turn off my screen and trun it back on, everything will work fine for 3 or 4 clicks and then nothing. This is getting pretty crazy. At the moment I am running Stock gingerbread and I am rooted.

I tried restoring to an earlier backup from before this problem started and I even SBF'd back to Froyo and let the D2 install the GB upgrade. The problem is still there. Could this be a hardware issue? I did drop my phone recently and it took a pretty hard fall (the glass is not damaged). I am leaning towards hardware but thought I would put this out here to see if anyone else has an ideas.

Thanks,
David

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Does this happen when it's on or off the charger, or both?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
demandred

demandred

Reaction score
It happens when it is on or off the charger.

snookieb

Reaction score
im having the same issue

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

stmomma

Reaction score
Same issue here too. Just started this morning though. I have restarted it several times, pulled the battery at least 3 times and while it has improved some, I still can't access the settings "button" nor the send "button" when texting. At least it's not jumping all over the place and randomly accessing stuff any more.