Major Charging Problems!

spyke927

Reaction score
Hi all. I have been having a problem with my Droid 2 for the past couple of days. It won't plug into any charger, or at least none will charge it, and when I plug it into my computer it says "Device not Recognized." Before, I will tell you what I've done. I've tried a different USB cable, I've uninstalled then reinstalled the driver on my computer, I've uninstalled all excess apps on my phone, I've pulled the battery. I've tried switching it into the Debugging mode for the USB plug-in. I tried using a different computer.

Someone please help me out! This is driving me insane and right now my phone is close to dead!

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Do you have the same problem with the wall charger? You have an R2D2 version according to ur specks above, I have the original D2 so may be differences I am unaware of.

First, I would find out if she charges from a wall charger. I have charged mine from the wall with the phone turned completely turned off and noticed that the white charging light does not come on for some time. I think there is software to be loaded by and on the phone to charge the phone.

If my phone is on when I charge it the white light comes on instantly. So if you can not get the white light in either case, I suspect there is a software problem which is why the computer does not recognize your device.

How to fix it? First you need a freshly charged battery, then try to do a factory reset. If that works, she will charge. I would then SBF back to stock to insure I had fresh APK's. I do not think you can SBF if the computer does not recognize the phone, so that is why I suggest the factory reset first.

Otherwise re post this in the Rescue Squad D2 Rooted forum for more help.