Mac vs PC: now IOS vs Android. What can androidDOthatTHE PC did2overtake mac n the PC

knighthonor

Reaction score
Mac vs PC: now IOS vs Android. What can android do that the PC did to overthrow apple in the PC os field?

I may be wrong, but Apple was the first mainstream PC development. But something, ,, something this "Microsoft " thing did, that somehow made their os overthrow Apple as the king of PC.

But what was this action? What was this ideal that made it possible for non-mac-os Computers to overthrow Mac os?

And I relate this question back to the Android vs IOS.

From the answers to the questions above, what would be the equivalent in terms of the Android os in regards to the IOS?

What can be done to bridge the gap between the two OS without being the same os?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
If you're talking about overtaking in marketshare it's already done that in the US so all they have to do is keep doing what they've been doing.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
knighthonor

knighthonor

Reaction score
If you're talking about overtaking in marketshare it's already done that in the US so all they have to do is keep doing what they've been doing.

But IOS is still more popular. I didn't see this much popularity from Apple in the past decades since the original Ipod took off. Maybe I am wrong.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Usually what's more popular is determined by the market share so actually Android would be considered more popular. Unless you're including tablets too, that's a totally different story.

kookk

Reaction score
As long as Android can keep people saying "oh wow thats cool", they will be beating IOS

And considering IOS can't even replace its stock apps, it isn't very hard to wow people.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
From the answers to the questions above, what would be the equivalent in terms of the Android os in regards to the IOS?
Already done. It was really IBM that gave Windows its edge by allowing PC-compatibles (this was well before Windows though). The various device manufacturers out there are the Android equivalent.

OP
knighthonor

knighthonor

Reaction score
Already done. It was really IBM that gave Windows its edge by allowing PC-compatibles (this was well before Windows though). The various device manufacturers out there are the Android equivalent.
So why does apple have the greater number of software support for the IOS? I havnt seen this great of support for apple since the original ipod came out. Than macbooks became greatly more popular and so on. But Windows os always had the most software support. I don't see this match when looking at the smartphone age. Apple seem to still be on top when it comes to software support, even though the Android os seems to mimic the early non-mac movement.

Maybe I am still missing something in this. Please fill me in.

kc2kzz

Reaction score
Ironically, I just got done getting OS X installed on my netbook. After spending most of the morning playing with it I can honestly say that I am not impressed. I'm already back to my Win 7.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moved to off topic. It's pretty basic, actually. Windows is a numeric based system and Macs are graphic place. Mac has never knocked Windows out of being the preferred Computer, at least for most businesses. Windows has a solid lock on that.

Mac IMHO is for the individual. Also the platforms that Mac and Android run on are basically the same.

I prefer Mac myself.