Mac integration

vertical

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how good the integration is going to be with Mac... I am sick and tired of not being able to do anything between my computer and my phone. Being tied to Verizon due to limited service from all the other carriers had definitely made either BB or Windows Mobile the only choice for me.

I have been trying to hold out for the 2010 exclusivity breakup between Apple and AT&T to see what, if anything, Apple is going to do with Verizon. With the release of the Droid, will I have to wait?

J

JohnDroid

The good thing is that Droid is just as much Google as it is Motorola/Verizon. Google has shown time and time again that they are truly interested in making cross-platform experiences good.

In addition, since it's open source even if there isn't an official way there is an unofficial way.

So I would say that you are good hands with the Droid. What in particular are you looking to integrate on your Mac is the question.

BTW, Mac user here as well, I have 4.

350-Jason

Reaction score
I have a mac. I got music and tv shows on my droid last night. Very easy too.

OP
vertical

vertical

Reaction score
Is it as drag and drop simple to get tunes and movies on the Droid as it is the iPhone?

Thanks JohnDroid! 4 Macs?!? I bet you even have one of the new unibody Pros! Jealous!

"They are ants Michael!!!"

J

JohnDroid

Is it as drag and drop simple to get tunes and movies on the Droid as it is the iPhone?

Thanks JohnDroid! 4 Macs?!? I bet you even have one of the new unibody Pros! Jealous!

Just got it actually, 17" Macbook Pro with Intel SSD X25M G2 HD. Also, a 12" Macbook Pro (older, G4), 24" iMac and Dual Xeon Mac Pro Tower.

I do a ton of computer stuff... I'm a true nerd ;)

OP
vertical

vertical

Reaction score
Hmmmm, interesting! Has there been any new news on the Apple/Verizon collaboration?

I have heard that there is going to be a Tablet coming in the first quarter of the new year, but is there any new word on what I have heard referred to as the "iPhone Lite?"

OP
vertical

vertical

Reaction score

Just got it actually, 17" Macbook Pro with Intel SSD X25M G2 HD. Also, a 12" Macbook Pro (older, G4), 24" iMac and Dual Xeon Mac Pro Tower.

There is nothing nerdy about owning 4 Macs, and perhaps spending your time playing with the shade of gray that you are going to put up on the site! I am just stoked that you are putting this much effort into the site! Just proves dedication!

J

JohnDroid

There is nothing nerdy about owning 4 Macs, and perhaps spending your time playing with the shade of gray that you are going to put up on the site! I am just stoked that you are putting this much effort into the site! Just proves dedication!

Ahah true true so you know about the shades of grey! :) Hours of tweaking my friend!