Luxury Android Phone Vertu Ti RM-828V Arrives to Take Your Money and Test Your Sanity

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Vertu-Ti-RM-828V-Android.jpg

We love doing these stories. We just can't help ourselves. At least once or twice a year, some company brings out an Android smartphone, that seems purely designed to show just how rich & dumb some people really are.

Today's fine example comes from Vertu, which is a luxury brand of devices that was formerly owned by Nokia. It's called the Vertu Ti RM-828V, and is billed as a "luxury" smartphone. Of course, with that overly exuberant label comes an overly exorbitant price of at least 3000 Euros (roughly $4069 USD)! And, what does one get for this ridiculous sum of cash? Here are the details on this Nokia made device,
  • Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich,
  • Unspecified seized WVGA display (probably a 4-4.5-inch)
  • A dual-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm MSM8260 Snapdragon processor the same as in the Lumia 920 and 820
  • NFC
  • Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
  • Bluetooth 4.0
  • A 1,250 mAh battery
Wow! Are you speechless yet? I guess it's kinda funny that it technically is the first Nokia Android phone (even if only indirectly), but I hardly think that qualifies as "great value." And, check out that battery... Yep, that aught to be good for a couple of hours of use. No other details were given to suggest why this phone deserves the price-tag. Perhaps the casing is made of some rare meteorite metal? Ah well. If you see one of your rich friends about to pull out their wallet for this device, please be kind, and slap them silly. :)

Source: UnWiredView

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
looks cool .. but out of my price range.. wonder if bootloader is unlocked :p

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Tourneau sells them, they sit in a glass case wedged between vacheron constitine (spelling correctness very much in doubt)watches and zenith watches. Both of whom have an entry price point well into the 5 digit range and an average of 6 digits, topping off at a cool mil+.
So they look cheap in that context, a used one is scrap metal price, they typically have a few used ones.

aliens don't use razr's, they use obsidian.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
it'll love you long time for that price. I've looked at other phones like that, or the diamond encrusted iPhone stuff... even if/when I have that kind of money I wouldn't spend it on garbage like this, they could at least go a step farther and add hardware that no one else has yet.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
:rofl3: Speechless...

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
IMO the outer casing could be combination of silver, titanium, stainless steel, carbon fiber, etc.; or some variation their of but I think when spending that much $$$ on a phone the outer shell should be easily removable and you should be able to get new internal components to keep the phone up to date. Much the same way you can keep a PC case and swap out the motherboard. Then again I would wager the majority of people stupid enough to spend that kind of cash on a phone are clueless about technology and just want to impress the other people they hang around with who also have more money than brains.

That luxury phone is like the shell of a sports car with a lawn mower engine...
:blink:

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Vertus have always been the "known" showpieces of the cell phone world so this is nothing special. That battery is ridiculously tiny though, I'll tell you that much.

TayDee

Reaction score
I never thought there could be a phone with a worse battery than the OG Droid Razr.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Looks like a prop from a bad 1950s alien movie.