Lamborghini Debuts 'Luxury' Android Phone and Tablet; Maybe More Ugly than Luxury

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lamborghini-TL700-Luxury-Android-3.jpg

It would seem that some wealthy folks have more money than sense, because this next story is a real head-scratcher. When thinking of Lamborghini, most people envision a powerful, agressive and masculine looking exotic sports car careening down winding European roads. That isn't all they do because of course they are going to "cash in" on the celebrity of their brand name. Lamborghini has decided to jump into the Android smartphone and tablet industry as well. However, you would think that a high-end automobile manufacturer that competes with the likes of Ferrari and Porsche would actually go to the trouble of creating a high-end device, wouldn't you? You would be mistaken in this instance.

The above pictured phone, called the TL700 comes with the following specs:
  • Android 2.3 Gingerbread
  • 3.7 inch WVGA sapphire crystal display
  • Qualcomm processor of unknown speed
  • 5MP rear camera & VGA front-facing camera
  • 4GB of internal memory
  • 1,400 mAh battery

Lamborghini-TL700-Luxury-Android.jpg
Lamborghini-TL700-Luxury-Android-2.jpg

Apparently, all that is required to get super-wealthy folks to part with their money is to slap some exotic materials like gold and crocodile skin on last year's low-end Android hardware, then chisel the Lamborghini name on the side. For this amazing "feat of engineering" that they call a "luxury" phone, you only have to fork over $2,750 bucks.

Seriously? Gingerbread? 4GB of Storage and a 1,400 mAH battery? You can get better phones for free right now! And what is with that design? It looks like a gold-plated piece of turtle road-kill for crying out loud!

Lamborghini-L2800-Luxury-Android-tablet-3.jpg
Lamborghini-L2800-Luxury-Android-tablet-2.jpg

Oh yeah... there also happens to be a Lamborghini Android tablet, called the L2800 as well. And, while this one is not nearly as hideous as the phone, it is still ridiculously priced for what you get:
  • Android 2.3 Gingerbread (reportedly will receive an update to Android 4.0 ICS)
  • 9.7 inch, 1024×768 pixels sapphire crystal display
  • 1.2GHz Qualcomm processor (probably single-core)
  • 5MP rear camera
  • 2MP front-facing camera
  • 512MB of RAM
  • 4GB of internal memory
  • MicroSD card support
  • Good speakers on the back
You can have this piece of Audi-owned Italian engineering for only $2,290... What a bargain! Wow! 512MB of RAM! That's like... a whole lot nowadays isn't it? Well... isn't it? <Sigh>

At that price, it better be able to take a bullet for me! What do you guys think?

Source: UnWiredView

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
(spray painting Droid 2)

SO that is what it takes to make money ...getting on that right now :biggrin:.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I'm glad I refreshed first. PC, I was about to say I would rather spray paint my Nexus case but you beat me to the spray paint punch line :mad:

Sent From the Land Before Time...
Tapatalk 2_ ICS Xparent

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Lol! I think mythbusters had an episode on this, and yes, it can be done.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

That's awesome, I think lol. Great show though.

Sent From the Land Before Time...
Tapatalk 2_ ICS Xparent

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
They have also made laptops in the past which were not up to par with the rest of the high end laptops of the time. And cost about 4x as much.

It's crazy to think how stupid some people can be. And there is an old adage that says 'A fool and his money are soon parted'. I would rather buy an SGS3 or RAZR HD for $800 than spend $2300 on last year's underpowered junk.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BigZig

Reaction score
This is just for people with nothing better to do with the millions of dollars they have. Buy a Lambo, and a Lambo Phone oh yeah and a Lambo Tablet.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is just for people with nothing better to do with the millions of dollars they have. Buy a Lambo, and a Lambo Phone oh yeah and a Lambo Tablet.

If I had nothing going better to do with my money I would buy an SGS3 and send it to someone to customize the case for me. This is an over priced piece of junk.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Now why didn't I think of that? I could have gotten rich from idiots with more money than brains. Being that stupid makes you wonder how they were able to earn all that money in the first place.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

BigZig

Reaction score
If I had nothing going better to do with my money I would buy an SGS3 and send it to someone to customize the case for me. This is an over priced piece of junk.

Yeah but you don't have so much money where you are just looking for a status symbol not something that actually functions, that is basicly what a Lambo is not an everyday driver but something to show you have way to much money!!!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Ok, if you are going to make some limited edition ultra expensive phone/tablet...at least give it some top of the line specs. I mean really, those specs are basically my DroidX if not worse in some areas. :blink::blink:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hiding... last time I heard anything about a car, there was a bus not far behind it....:eek::sly:

Perhaps its a special android phone.. with a built in flux capacitor in it.. definitely going to need a stronger battery though :D

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!