LP Plus Facebook settings force close problem

tu3218

Reaction score
So every time I try to go into my facebook settings an input login settings, it force closes on me. Anyone else have this problem or know of a fix?

Jejackson

Reaction score
It happened to me the first time, I just tried it again and it worked. Maybe try removing the FB widget and try it agsin

chadwick108

Reaction score
this is happening when i try to login...getting error message
error validating application with launcher pro plus. this is the reason i bought the application and it does not work.

harrellj

Reaction score
this is happening when i try to login...getting error message
error validating application with launcher pro plus. this is the reason i bought the application and it does not work.

Have you updated to the latest version of LauncherPro? Fede had a small accident when registering LauncherPro with the Facebook API. If you have updated, he also has notes on the post with directions to reauthenticate to Facebook: Facebook Error – Please update to v0.8.1.1

poopieboy

Reaction score
This happened to me, too, but I fixed it.

First I put the widget on the homescreen and tried to login. It worked fine. Then I did an update and had to login again - this was when I started to get the force close issues. I then took the widget off my homescreen and tried to login, still getting force close issues. I then put the widget back on my homescreen, and logged in. It worked!

I know for a fact that it will NOT work unless you have the widget somewhere on your homescreen at the time of logging in. As a backup, the "friends" widget never has this issue.