ADWLauncher EX

Jokerz

Reaction score
I've been using ADWLauncher EX for the past few days. I really like how fast it is, but I'm getting force closes constantly and my phone has rebooted once because of it. I was just wondering if anyone else has tried it and if anyone is having the same problem. I wasn't sure if maybe I had to change a certain setting or something. I'm rooted and running UD 2.5. Thanks in advance for any input.

Billyd

Reaction score
I'm not using the EX version but I really like the Open Source ver with a cpl themes to support all the hard work.
I have been using it since 2.2 and rooted about 5 or 6 weeks ago and it is still running great.

Curious if you tried it before going to the EX ver?.
GL
X/BillyD..

OP
Jokerz

Jokerz

Reaction score
Yea I did and it worked fine, but I wanted to check out some of the new features on ex. Kind of regretting it now haha.

Billyd

Reaction score
Rgr, I feel ya.
I remember when EX came out I first thought sure with a little reserve because it started as Open, but continued to read and I guess I was lucky to catch enough reviews of ppl havin some probs that I just scooted.

Here's wishin you the best with what you had if you do decide to uninstall. And I'm sure you were using ADW's backup feature so hopefully you can just restore.

Gl,
X/BillyD..
icon14.gif

jev

Reaction score
I've had less force closes on EX than I've had on the free version or launcher pro. It's been pretty stable and I love the added transitions. I've used it on UD2.5. BB0.6.2, Project Elite v4, and MIUI with about the same results.

OP
Jokerz

Jokerz

Reaction score
I've had less force closes on EX than I've had on the free version or launcher pro. It's been pretty stable and I love the added transitions. I've used it on UD2.5. BB0.6.2, Project Elite v4, and MIUI with about the same results.

Is there a setting that I'm missing then? I wonder why I'm having these issues. I thought maybe it was ud and adw not mixing well, but I guess not.

Billyd

Reaction score
Is there a setting that I'm missing then? I wonder why I'm having these issues. I thought maybe it was ud and adw not mixing well, but I guess not.
You might do better searching for a thread on EX that may have some similar probs, and perhaps compose a msg for the market which only allows xx-amount? of characters.

So many times it can simply be one other app or setting causing the mayhem. Pretty sure I read a few diff post of probs with both alternatives.

Again gl.
X/BillyD..

OP
Jokerz

Jokerz

Reaction score
Yea I did post a msg on the market and I've looked at some of the other replies that ppl have left. It looks like I'm not the only one experiencing these problems. Since I originally posted this thread, I have had probably 10 force closes so I decided just to switch back to the regular adw. Everything is running smooth again. I just miss the screen transitions which was the main reason I switched. I'm gonna keep checking to see if the dev comes out with an update so I can switch back. Thanks for the input everybody.

Billyd

Reaction score
Your more than welcome although I couldn't offer much.

I might suggest you edit the OP and ad you current config, model, mem, suspect apps. Maybe it would help someone later.

I'm assuming that all was well after reverting to standard ADW?.
And if the EX dev is working on a fix he might contribute to the post as well.

Anywho, good that you could at least go back. I'm no fun to be around if my droid isn't working correctly. lol

Thanks
X/BillyD..

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you have system persistant checked under adw settings > general behavior > system preferences? That might help a lot (but you lose landscape mode when at the launcher.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk