low on space

grizcoach

Reaction score
I got the same message yesterday also. The phone says I still have 22.82 m of space left but I keep getting the message even after I uninstalled a few apps.

How much space of internal storage do I have? Can I move some apps over to the SD card which has 12 G left (have 2.1OS)

Thanks for the help
grizcoach

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
I got the same message yesterday also. The phone says I still have 22.82 m of space left but I keep getting the message even after I uninstalled a few apps.

How much space of internal storage do I have? Can I move some apps over to the SD card which has 12 G left (have 2.1OS)

Thanks for the help
grizcoach

You need to be rooted or have 2.2 to move apps to the SD card

grizcoach

Reaction score
That's what I thought: I have neither. Just wonder why the message is showing up when I have space left

Thanks for the quick reply

droidilac

Reaction score
I used to get the same message. After I got it even my text msgs got rejected due to a lack of space. Ever since I installed the BB froyo app and I have apps2sd I know longer have that problem lol

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's very likely that you need to clear cache and data. Check the amount of text messages and email you have stored on your phone.

droidilac

Reaction score
It's very likely that you need to clear cache and data. Check the amount of text messages and email you have stored on your phone.

That's true I forgot about that. I used clear everything lol.... I even ran the ATK just to be safe lol

grizcoach

Reaction score
Out of space

jsh1120

How do I do that. I looked all over and didn't find the cache. I went into settings, into manage applications and even the individual applications but had no luck. I deleted all threads and zeroed out the sent messages but couldn't zero out the received ones

TIA
grizcoach

jpeter1093

Reaction score
One thing to note; if you're using a non-Gmail email service (I use hotmail); when you delete an email it remains on the phone in a trash folder. You need to also delete it there to get it off the phone (and it's not on the SD card). I was getting the low space message until I deleted my 5000 trashed emails. Actually, I deleted the email account and readded it. Droid doesn't allow mass deletes.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
One thing to note; if you're using a non-Gmail email service (I use hotmail); when you delete an email it remains on the phone in a trash folder. You need to also delete it there to get it off the phone (and it's not on the SD card). I was getting the low space message until I deleted my 5000 trashed emails. Actually, I deleted the email account and readded it. Droid doesn't allow mass deletes.

If you use the k-9 email client pointed at whatever server you like (including gmail) you can mass delete emails and remove them from trash.

As far as cleaning cache, I use an app called "Quick App Clean Cache" (as I recall). It's nothing more than a UI that looks for cache associated with other apps and allows you to delete cache (and sometimes data) associated with each. If you're rooted you can do this in a single action.

OP
S

steveinil

Reaction score
well i have about 65 apps. so not that many i think. but i read about the trash email folder and looked there and had 75 emails in there and several had atachemants so im sure that was part of it i also ended up getting the same thing on txt being full too and didnt get a few txts till i deleated a few threads aslo with pics on them. sooo now i have 44. something free space on my phone. but i too am interested in clearing my cache is there a way to do it manually like clearing your browser cachhe? thanks for all the help...

OP
S

steveinil

Reaction score
grrrrr i need to take the plung and root my phone lol.... just not brave enough lol anyone in stl want to walk me through it lol