Low on memory

kracker_head_1

Reaction score
Hello, i have the Incredible with like 10 apps now beacuse it claims im "low on memory"!! I dont even have that many apps and they aren't very big either! Am i wrong or is there something wrong? Thanks, Luke

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

hotdog12

Reaction score
I ended up hitting "factory data reset." Back up data first. It's all good again.

merced123

Reaction score
did you get the message to go away? i seem to be having the same problem.! and it bugs me!!!

thejellolegend

Reaction score
The only way I've found to get rid of that error is to go to my running applications in the settings menu, sort them by size, and then clear the application data. Good luck!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
do you have 2.3?

this is a common bug of the software

rstfl2009

Reaction score
This is coming from the 2.3.4 update. My wife and I had the same phone; I recieved the 2.3.4 update and my wife did not. I recieved that error like 2 weeks after the update. I did a factory reset and the low memory error showed up again a few days later. This also keeps the phone from syncing your gmail account. Had enough and bought the Bionic. Very happy now!! :biggrin:

denakisland

Reaction score
Pacific NW. Not so North and not so West.
Yes, it has something to do with the update. I got my update pushed through the middle of August and have had to do 3 master rearranging. Tonight I'd had enough and VZW is doing a warranty replacement and sending me the Incredible 2. After the last reset I figured out I could clear the low memory message by doing a battery pull, which means while the phone is still on and awake, just pull the battery out. Then start phone as normal. It should clear the message, until next time.
Call Verizon and have them check if your update went all the way through.

thejellolegend

Reaction score
OK so I talked to a Verizon rep today to try and get an early upgrade due to the amount of bugs from 2.3 and the rep informed me that on Oct. 29th they were releasing a major update to "fix" all the gingerbread problems. She said they were aware of all of the bugs and that they were keeping up with all of the forums and were releasing this on that date. Now as we all know several times dates are thrown around only to never happen so I guess to all those who got the bad update and those who didn't get one at all, keep your fingers crossed. I know I am mine.

tedum3

Reaction score
clear your facebook data. low disk space and gmail not syncing issues go away

aethies

Reaction score
clear your facebook data. low disk space and gmail not syncing issues go away

This is the only thing that actually fixed this issue. I appreciate the info!

Last edited:

tedum3

Reaction score
you're welcome!

you're welcome!!! it's been about a week and i've added about 100 apps or so, the "low space" icon showed up and i again cleared data, but this time on firefox and my fix worked, so i think if we figure out what are the big memory hogs on our incredibles we can "fix" the issue until a more permanent solution can be found. but it beats having to do a factory reset!

Androidatic

Reaction score
I have been clearing the cache on some apps but the fix was only temporary.

I cleared the trash folders of all 3 of my mail accounts and haven't had the problem since. YMMV

Sent from my Droid, the only mobile OS that matters.

Takami826

Reaction score
facebook has been my memory hog. Sometimes Go SMS Pro if people are bombarding me with pictures etc. But this last time, over the weekend, Facebook was hogging a ton of resources so I cleared it and it's all good since... now I just got the 2.3.4 update so who knows the fun may just be beginning LOL

engineer5629

Reaction score
Try this go to settings-applications and un select fast boot. I hit this and it went away.