Loving my Droid!!

HarleyDad09

Reaction score
So far so good with my Droid. I got it day 1 that it came out! I only have two complaints:

1) no facebook notifications
2) no flash player

I am still learning it and think it is awesome!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
did you go into the facebook page on your desktop and go into settings/notifications and scroll all the way down to Other Applications and make sure that Facebook for Android was checked?

and then don't forget the obvious and make sure that all your notifications are checked to go to your email.

I get all my notifications.....

Oh and welcome aboard Harley..... : )

Stigy

Reaction score
1) There are facebook notifications, but they are very limited.

2) If you navigate to Adobe - Adobe Flash Player on your device you will see that Android is getting Flash in Q1 2010.

Welcome to the forums!!

OP
H

HarleyDad09

Reaction score
Cereal, I did that and still no notifications. You get everything? Even wall posts? When you comment and someone comments afterwards you get a notification?

The only thing i seem to get are friend requests

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Cereal, I did that and still no notifications. You get everything? Even wall posts? When you comment and someone comments afterwards you get a notification?

The only thing i seem to get are friend requests
yes I get everything, which can be annoying at times lol....

I don't really like posting on peoples walls because I know the inevitable DROID DROID DROID DROID will be following shortly after. Then again I don't want to turn them off. It's a curse I tell ya

I wish there was a toggle for notifications because sometimes I don't want to get everyones comments after mine..

you have ALL your notifications set to forward to your email on your device right?

OP
H

HarleyDad09

Reaction score
Hmmmm, I wish I could get it figured out...but you can turn that off! there is an option in the same place u sent me to, settings->notifications->Comments after me in a photo and Comments after me in a wall story

Stigy

Reaction score
@Cereal Killer...

I know I deleted my post because I thought I was wrong, but anyway...

You get ALL notifications (ie. wall post, comment on status, etc...) THROUGH the FB application on the DROID or do you just get emails notifying you of these events?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Hmmmm, I wish I could get it figured out...but you can turn that off! there is an option in the same place u sent me to, settings->notifications->Comments after me in a photo and Comments after me in a wall story
I know...but like I was saying I want a toggle switch for on the go lol...

Don't want to have to log in and out constantly

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
@Cereal Killer...

I know I deleted my post because I thought I was wrong, but anyway...

You get ALL notifications (ie. wall post, comment on status, etc...) THROUGH the FB application on the DROID or do you just get emails notifying you of these events?
emails......

Stigy

Reaction score
Ah yea see I get all emails too...

I believe people are talking about being notified WITHIN the Facebook application (ie. a box with an F pops up in the corner) like how it is on a Blackberry.

The Facebook app will notify you of messages, event invites and friend requests currently. You will have to rely on your push email (GMail?) for the rest of the notifications.

OP
H

HarleyDad09

Reaction score
yeah, do u get the notification via e mail?? or actually on ur droid in ur notifications panel

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I turned off my refresh interval so that they would come via email (save on battery) but when I had the refresh on I recieved ALL my notifications through the app

OP
H

HarleyDad09

Reaction score
ahhh, yeah that is what i am talking about..i do get the notifications via e mail..which i hate because it FLOOOODS my inbox!! Any idea stigy, if they are working on that?

Stigy

Reaction score
I turned off my refresh interval so that they would come via email (save on battery) but when I had the refresh on I recieved ALL my notifications through the app
Are you 100% positive that you were receiving wall posts, status update comments, etc THROUGH the stock facebook application on the DROID.

From what I have read online the notifications THROUGH the Facebook application are messages, event invites and friend requests.